“Best BBQ in Gatlinburg”

Bennett's Pit BBQ
Ranked #28 of 210 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving the area's best slow-smoked ribs, beef, chicken, sausage and pork for almost a quarter of a century! Come find out why we are voted BEST RIBS and BEST BBQ year after year by the readers of the Mountain Press. Come taste the difference homemade makes, with our delicious BBQ beans, cole slaw, potato salad and so much more that perfectly compliments our mouth watering BBQ. And we don't stop there, with homemade appetizers like Fried Pickle Chips, Spicy Mozzarella Squares in Pork Chili, AMAZING chicken wings and many more. All this delicious food is served by the friendliest staff around. We also feature a full All You Can Eat Soup and Salad Bar every day, as well as an All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet. We have a complete kids menu to satisfy their tastes as well. Finally, remember we are locally owned and operated for almost 26 years.
Reviewed July 15, 2011

The ribs were tender and very tasty. We've tried other BBQ places in Gatlinburg and found that the ribs and chicken at Bennett's were far better than any of the other BBQ. We will definitely go back to Bennett's the next time we are in Gatlinburg.

Date of visit: June 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (3,673)

Reviewed July 13, 2011

When we pulled into the parking lot, we thought we would have an hour wait because the place was packed. However, we were seated immediately and our server couldn't have been friendlier or more prompt...excellent service!! Our family of four started off with the onion rings and bbq nachos appetizers...onion rings were delicious, nachos weren't as tasty as Corky's. My husband and I both ordered the sandwich sliders trio of pulled pork, smoked sausage and Carolina pork, our son ordered the combo platter of NY strip steak/ribs and our daughter ordered chicken tenders. We like to share our food , so all of us had a sampling of each dish. Oh my goodness...the meats are delicious - especially the pulled pork and smoked sausage. However, I was disappointed in the sides of cole slaw and potato salad - I will order different items next time.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

half rack is huge(@1')! And a full rack is about 2ft long! pretty good flavor, but liked the pulled pork best.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We ate at Bennett's on our last night in Gatlinburg. I have eaten there several times but it was a first for my significant other. We had an appetizer that was good, but was average. I ordered the sampler, he ordered the brisket sandwich. The brisket left alot to be desired. We both wanted more of the pulled pork!!! It was also fun trying the sauces that are set out on every table. Children's menu also offers the BBQ.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

After hitting Corky's 2 days prior, I was leery of BBQ in Gatlinburg. Went with a group of 7 adults, and we all had nothing but positive reviews (from discerning eaters).

First off, they have 3 delicious sauces to choose from: more honey/regular sauce, mustard sauce (mustard's last stand -- ha!), and a more carolina/vinegar/spicy sauce. All were on par with memphis and N. Carolina sauces I've had over the years.

Started with the fried pickles -- everyone loved them.

WE all passed around samples -- tried the pulled pork sandwich, brisket, slider trio, ultimate sandwich with onions, all were good. The meat stood alone before sauce, a little smoky, good quality meat. sides were impressive as well. Especially the mac and cheese. All who ordered it (including me) were commenting on how delicious it was.

SO overall, you can't go wrong here, they even have non-bbq options if not all folks agree. They also have a salad bar which I wouldn't get ... looked like a standard one. THe sign out front gave us all a laugh though -- it said "best breakfast in the county -- voted by locals." Gatlinburg is fond of its superlatives. Hilarious. Didn't try the breakfast, but that lunch was the best meal we had in our 4 day stay in Gatlinburg.