“Fantastic Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Buckhorn Inn
Ranked #50 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Great meal at a great value....its a little different since the menu is pre-set therefore it is HIGHLY recommended you look online first....and also you MUST have reservations. Wonderful, quaint & classy place, The food is great and you can bring your own wine.....One thing I wish they would do is ask how you like your meat done....I like my lamb medium-well and they brought them all bloody however I did tell the waitress and they brought them back to our liking...service great with a good attitude. Will definitely go back...

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ash W

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“great food, but small portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

the service, atmosphere, and food quality was unparalleled, but I wouldn't necessarily advise going hungry. expect upper scale restaurant portions.

2 Thank bguichet
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Great Food/Lovely Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

We ate at the Buckhorn Inn for dinner one evening during our stay in Gatlinburg. You do not need to be a guest at the inn to dine in the restaurant. Be aware that you must have reservations, though. The menu is prefixed, meaning that everyone has the same meal. I was disappointed to learn that the menu that was shown on their website when I made my reservation had changed. But the meal we had was excellent. The setting is small and intimate, which made our experience all that more lovely. The staff were very friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. The mountain views were spectacular.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank MissKitty5035
Greensboro
“Fantastic meal and a great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We picked this based on review on TripAdvisor. You need to go online and look at the menu because you do not get to pick what you want to eat, you get what they serve that night. They will make accommodations for special diets if they know ahead of time. They made me a vegetarian meal. You also must make your reservation ahead of time and they will ask for a credit card when you book. There were a few no shows the evening we went. We wanted Friday, but they were booked already when I called, so we took Saturday. It is a lovely inn, elegantly decorated and comfortable. People do stay at the inn, so you will see people walking by when you have dinner. They must have had an afghan convention staying there when we had dinner because everyone that walked by was wrapped up in a blanket of some sort. Their wine list is nice and very reasonable. We had plungerhead zinfandel and it was only $30.00. That typically about an $18.00 bottle of wine if you buy it yourself from the store. You will likely want to dress up as it is a more formal setting with proper place settings with chargers are aptly placed utensils and glasses. The will seat starting at 6:30 pm and serve at 7pm. We typically like to eat a little later than that, but it was fine. They serve banquet style so everyone gets their courses at the same time. The food was very good and there was plenty of it. They made me a black bean lasagna and I could not finish it. I understand the prime rib was also very good. The wait staff are seasoned and know what they are doing. The dessert was great and the coffee amazing. We really enjoyed the Buckhorn Inn.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank snggglbnnny
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Easiily 5 star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant (and Inn) is a must try for the discriminating tourist or local. Coat and tie I believe. Fixed menu. Reservations required. Easily best dining in Gatlinburg. 5 star ambience too.