“Good place to stay...”

Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good place to stay...”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I waited until the last minute to decide to go to Gatlinburg for the Memorial Day weekend. Unable to get a "reasonable" on-line reservation through the various travel/hotel websites, I thought about Carr's. My family vacationed there many times when I was a child (more than 50 years ago!). Very much to my surprise, I was able to get a room at Carr's for a reasonable rate. I had an enjoyable room with a balcony that overlooked the creek. The room was large with two queen beds and was very clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved our cabin! We had a jacuzzi in the room that was amazing! Great value and great staff! Definitely would return! Just outside of downtown but close enough to walk to downtown and avoid all those parking fees. Perfect!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Reviewed April 24, 2014

An interesting combination of various architectures.
Our room had a kitchen. It has seen some years; but was clean and well provisioned.

The staff was friendly and very helpful.
We enjoyed the hot tub each evening.

Far enough out of Gatlinburg to be away from the crowds, but easy to get into town and to the Great Smokeis National Park.

Good value. We would return for sure.

Mount Airy, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My family stayed here for 2 nights very nice clean place to stay. Not real fancy but rooms were clean and it was on the river.It is less than half the price of other hotels in Gatlinburg so if your looking to save some money this is your best choice . It's only a mile out of town so you could walk to town in just a few minutes. Great place will stay again next time.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Great place to stay with kids. We had a two bedroom place with living room, kitchen and family room with fireplace. It was very clean. The bathroom was basic. This place was very outdated though~ very outdated. The beds were a little uncomfortable but very CLEAN. no frills though. The furniture is old and saggy. The countertops were old and the dishes were mismatched and old. The tv is old and the remote was dirty and didn't work. There is a playground and a hot tub and swimming pool outside. Overall this was a great place to stay with four boys and two adults but it is not fancy at all. Good value with nice staff. But you definitely get space and not luxury.There is a grocery store within driving distance away from the shops.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here at Carr's in Jan. 2014, and had a great stay. It is an older motel however, VERY clean! A little outdated, could use some updating. Reminded me of being a child and staying places with my family. But, I was extremely pleased otherwise. The only negative that I have is the bed could be replaced it sagged in some spots so had to adjust. I appreciated the kitchen where I prepared some meals for myself to reduce my overall budget. Staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. Overall, my stay here was great and I look forward to staying here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
North Carolina
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was our first time staying at Carr"s . I wasn't sure what to expect, on reviews I read great to not so great. We simply LOVED it. The cottage we had was clean, up to date and just perfect. Take your regulars like shampoo , hair dryer . I always like to know about a coffee pot there, YES the was , Bring your coffee and filters which I did . They already have cooking pans and pots . I brought a few of my own and used those . This place is not fancy , but it is clean and very nice for couples and families. My family will be back!!!! Carr's Family Thank You So Much !!! We Enjoyed Your Cottage , The Young's from Connelly Springs,NC

Room Tip: We were in cottage 406 , It was right beside the stream. Just beautiful listening to the water and s...