I discovered Carr's Northside cottages quite by accident one time when visiting Gatlinburg in the early 80's. Driving around I spotted the sign from Hwy 321 and turned in ....what I found when I pulled in was like a scene from the 40's and 50's. A true, peaceful, yet somewhat dated resort!...The appearance is actually now, what draws me to it. It reminds me of a time when you weren't concerned about providing anything but a nice, clean and peaceful place to stay. Where the important thing was and is....a get away....There are no phones and the only computer used to book your reservation still is recorded (well, actually you can request accomodations now online...) on a long hand written scrolled journal kept on a slanted writing surface right behind the check in desk! I love it when I ask about future reservations and they turn around and check on availability from their "computer"...Hey guess what, you will never call Carr's and hear, "excuse me can you call back and check later as our computers are down..". Their computer is always working!
I don't believe I have ever stayed at Carr's when we were in a unit that was not on the stream. The stream and the nostalgia of the place is what constantly brings me back! We have stayed in the newer units with kitchens on the North end of the complex but one of our favorites, especially if it's winter time, is #15 (I hate to tell you that because we get mad when it's not available!). It sleeps 6, is on the second floor overlooking the stream, has a large kitchen and place to eat and pine paneled walls and a fireplace in the living area. I believe they have told us before that 15 is one of the original cottages. It is directly across from the office.
If you are truly looking for peace and quiet and yet enjoy the convenience of being close to town (you can walk to town) and are not looking for a bunch of bells and whistles..(no continental breakfast...but all the coffee you can drink!), then Carr's may truly be your resort of choice. Of course, I've been coming for so long that they usually know which rooms or units to tell me are available because they know we always want the same 4 or 5 "spots." The place can become a little less inviting when there are large numbers of families with children there, but usually my friend and I plan to come at less than the busiest times of the year.
I recommend Carr's Northside cottages without reservation!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are currently closed for a complete remodel. For those of you that had reservations for 2017... due to the loss of our office, laundry, and other structures in the recent wildfire we are currently unable to comfortably accommodate guests. However, our future is bright as we continue to move forward. We are very excited for this new chapter in our family business. We would like to thank our loyal family of guests for their love and support. The Carr Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Carr's Northside Cottages & Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carr`s Northside Cottages Hotel Gatlinburg
- Carr`s Northside Cottages And Motel
- Carrs Northside Hotel
- Carrs Northside Motel