We have been going to Gatlinburg 31 years, and have never stayed at Carr's until this weekend. We were extremely surprised at the value we received staying here. We rented a cottage on the river. It had two queen beds upstairs in an big, open bedroom. There was also the main bathroom upstairs. Downstairs had a small kitchen, small dining table, gas fireplace, 1/2 bathroom, living area and a balcony with a table and 4 chairs overlooking the river stream. I read the bad reviews while we were there, and I guess those were at the motel, because our unit was nice. Yes, it was outdated as far as color scheme goes, but still very, very clean. Besides up-to-date is not important to me at all, as long as it is clean, which this unit was.
We had gotten in on a deal for $92.50 a nights, which was wonderful. We cooked our meals and ate out on the balcony, which saved us a lot of money. I think one person complained that there wasn't a TV up in the bedroom area. I don't watch TV at home, but if I did, I sure as heck would not want to watch it on vacation -- especially, with that stream right outside. I think some people are too hard to please.
The kitchen was adequate, stocked with dishes and pots and pans. It had a microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee pot. The gas fireplace was a nice touch, especially since it rained and we had gotten cold while walking through Gatlinburg. We got a bottle of wine, went home, made pizza (we bought a disposable pizza pan), drank wine and ate pizza in front of the fireplace. Then we went and relaxed on the balcony.
I am not one to go to the same resort twice because life is so short and I want to see as much as I can. However, we have decided that Carr's is definitely worth going back to stay. We had stayed at the Brookside Resort right across the water from Carr's once, and I won't ever go back there again because it was extremely old, and stunk like molded old cigarettes. Carr's is a wonderful value and is in a great location away from the crowds.
Thank you, Carr's. You have a great place!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are currently closed for a complete remodel. For those of you that had reservations for 2017... due to the loss of our office, laundry, and other structures in the recent wildfire we are currently unable to comfortably accommodate guests. However, our future is bright as we continue to move forward. We are very excited for this new chapter in our family business. We would like to thank our loyal family of guests for their love and support. The Carr Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Carr's Northside Cottages & Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carr`s Northside Cottages Hotel Gatlinburg
- Carr`s Northside Cottages And Motel
- Carrs Northside Hotel
- Carrs Northside Motel