Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“You get what you Pay for!”

Carr's Northside Cottages & Motel
Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Ragland, Alabama, United States
“You get what you Pay for!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was searching for a resonable place for my husband and I to meet on a spur of the moment getway. He is in the military and was driving to a halfway for us to see each other. I have been to Gatlingburg many times but have never stayed on Laurel Rd. when I called to make the reservation I was told we could walk into town. . .wrong! It is a older place inside and out but I can handle that but I cant handle a dead spider on my bed sheet when I pulled down the cover. The carpet was so dirty that my husband wore white socks and they were black after one night. The bed was so hard that each morning we got straight out of bed to a hot bath/shower so we could movefor the day. We wont stay there again but it was reasonable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Reponza E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Booked this place after reading the reviews from Tripadvisor. I've been to Gatlinburg many times but had no idea about this place and it turned out to be great. When I drove up to sign in I was a little worried because the buildings are older and it is off the main area of Gatlinburg but after I got in the room I was good. The room was cleaner then most of the rooms that you will rent in Gatinburg and if you stay in the rooms next to the creek it is a nice setting. If you are wanting a room that is up to date or high end and don't mind paying $200 plus a night this is not the place for you but if you want a great value and a quiet place to lay your head you should check it out. The only drawback is you will have to pay to park if you go downtown, it's to far to walk.

Room Tip: Stay in a room near the creek and in winter get a room with a fireplace. They provide the wood.
Edmonton
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had a hard time finding Carr'S but when we did, the checkin was efficient and friendly. The host provided helpful information on where to shop and where to eat. We opted for the motel room facing the riverside. Spacious and clean...reasonable value for the cost. However, though there was coffee available in the reception building there was not a coffee maker in the room. Internet is available only in the reception building. Also, room comes equipped with soap, but not shampoo or conditioner. Hike to the tourist zone was 15 minutes for us. Plumbing was a bit noisey.

Kentucky
Reviewed October 26, 2012

For the price it's very average. It is an older place and kept up for the most part. However not having a alarm clock, coffee maker, decent soap or hair dryer at the price charged didn't leave us with a good feeling. Didn't sleep well as the beds are pretty firm and old. Others love it from the reviews. However we didn't find it to be the best bang for the buck.

2 Thank inthewaterky
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed 4 nights on the bottom floor in a river front room, Nothing fancy, dated rooms. But they were clean and spacious, but could have used a few repairs. There is no coffee pot in the rooms, so I brought my own, there is free coffee in the office lobby. The staff was very friendly. Bottom line, it was a good value for the location. We did walk from town one day and it wasn't that bad of a walk it took about 20 minutes to walk from the aquarium, there is a trolley stop across the parking lot of the hotel across the river.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GA-Go-girl
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I guess I missed something some place. This was without a doubt one of the most disappointing stays of our trip to North Carolina. From the reviews, I expected Carr's to be a older facility to stay at, but this was beyond reality. There was no soap, no shampoo, no alarm clock, and a sink that would hardly drain. The door in the bath room looked like a dog had chewed on it, and the room had a definite odor to it. On top of that the ladies in the office were less than friendly, as was some of the other staff. In case you wonder, we stayed at 4 other places on our trip and this was the only one we were unhappy with, so we don't complain very often.

8 Thank grant2003
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed at the motel. Enjoyed the room on second floor with high ceilings. Nothing fancy, but very clean and quiet. Very peaceful to sit along the little stream that goes thru the property. Is within walking distance of the main street in Gatlingburg, but without all the noise.
Incredible bargain for this town.

Room Tip: Prefer second floor, more privacy when sitting on balcony.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple