Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Fantastic Family Place”

Carr's Northside Cottages & Motel
Ranked #26 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Texas, United States
“Fantastic Family Place”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great Family Place to Stay! This was our first trip to Carr's and to this area. We decided to get a motel room there for 3 nights for our family of 4 this past August 2012. We were very pleased with the friendly service and the beautiful surroundings. You can't beat the price for such a great family place. The rooms were spacious... a bit outdated, but extremely clean. We would definitely stay here again and again. The staff was really helpful and friendly. If you stay here, request a creekside room..it is a beautiful view. The location of Carr's is great if you are visiting Gatlinburg or going to the Smoky Mountains National Park.

Room Tip: Get a room next to the creek. Beautiful!
1 Thank Diana B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Spring, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Found 2 bedroom 2 bath cottage perfect for our stay in the Gatlinburg area. The cottage was clean, quiet & very comfortable for 2 couples. The supplied kitchen was furnished with enough equipment to get basic meals cooked. We enjoyed the pool & especially the jacuzzi after white water rafting (what a HOOT, GET WET). Central location to all attractions is very nice. Staff is very helpful. Looking forward to another trip later in the year to view the foilage change & will be happy to book here again.

Room Tip: Cottages very good value
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Highland, Illinois
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was our 6th stay at Carr's. We have stayed in a cabin, apartment units, and the last three years in one of the cottages with a balcony overlooking the stream. What is nice about this place is that there are many different choices for accommodations including motel units, apartment units, townhouses, cottages, and cabins. Though just off the east parkway you can sit by the stream and not hear any outside noises. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and the prices are very reasonable. Maid service is available by request at no extra charge. If you choose not to have maid service there is a laundry room by the office where you exchange linens daily. After searching many places in Gatlinburg, I've not found anyplace like this that offers access to the stream, is close enough to walk to town( or catch the trolley), has many different choices, and priced so reasonable.

Room Tip: Pick the accommodation that fits you best. The motel units and some apartments overlook the stream...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MayinIndy
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Carrs is in the middle of Gatlinburg but seems like its out in the country. Quiet and restfull. Stayed in one of the apartments. It was nice and clean. I would stay again and hope to soon! My husband and I loved sitting on the porch just listening to the water flow by.

• Stayed August 2012
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I rely on tripadvisor!!!!

Overall my family enjoyed their 7 night stay in the apartments along the creek. We were able to have campfires (wood is $5.00 a scrawny bundle), and charcoal grills are available (charcoal not provided). But I recommend that if you stay in creek side apartments 12 and 14, ask for a humidifier-which was not offered to my family when checking in. The apartments are very musky.
Overall, apartment 12 was not clean. I cleaned the bathroom door of water marks, funky smudges and a spot where there was a feces "smudge" dried on the door. I did bring this to the office's attention and they were helpful. I explained what needed to be revisited specifically. And they took care of it-but I could not help but notice the cob webs left behind, a disgusting goop was still on the wall) only 3 ft. from the door and just left of the light switch) was overlooked. They did not vacuum, and I pretty sure they did not touch the common room. There is a sign in the room that housekeeping is upon request-I believe they should hire more housekeeping and have regular routines to clean rooms/apartments etc..I know that will drive the price to stay up...but i will pay it-I just wanted a clean room.

These two rooms are directly in front of a bridge that leads to the main road and trolley.
Bring earplugs because during my stay, there were people hanging out on the bridge late in the night gabbing and having fun-no biggie....I'm a lite sleeper.

This is a "mom and pop" place and has a lot to offer. they are away from busy downtown, the creek was wonderful to be close by, the ladies in the office are nice, the grounds are maintained, and overall it's very charming, and cozy place to stay for any family, couple, or family reunion-I was told that they have newer facilities on the property, and they have so many different types of rooms, cabins, condos etc-there is something for everyone.

When I booked this place early in the summer it was #2 place to stay in Gatlingburg, and my stay was mid-August and I writing this review on 8-22-12 and it has fallen to #4. :(

1 Thank sam c
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The multilevel townhouses are perfect for 1 family or 3. They also have cottages, apartments, and motel rooms. Covenient trolley pick up provides an excellant alternative to driving down the strip. Friendly staff, great rates and location keep us coming back year after year.

• Stayed August 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at Carr's Cottages in August of this year (2012) in a 2 bedroom townhouse with 3 queen beds, 1 1/2 bath, full kitchen and living room with a fireplace. I have to say the staff was extremely nice and helpful and the room was comfortable for my size family except for the bed that my husband and I slept in, we had to go into Walmart to buy an air mattress to put on the bed to make it comfortable. My kids said they didn't have any problems with their mattresses so maybe it was just mine. The hotel is really not that far from the strip maybe a 10 minute walk to downtown which we walked several times. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything we needed to cook (we were there for 8 days). It was very affordable for a family of 5 to stay there, I researched other properties with the same amenities and it would have been more than doubled in price at other hotels. I am very happy that we chose Carr's Cottages for our family vacation and would not hesitate to do so again.