Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Great recommendation!”

Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #19 of 197 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Temporarily Closed Unfortunately our Alamo Steakhouse location in Gatlinburg was lost in the wildfires in the area on Monday November 28th. We had celebrated 18 wonderful years in the building, and we are heartbroken at the loss. We are committed to rebuilding our beloved restaurant in the same location in 2017. The timeline is uncertain, but we will keep you posted.
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

A street vendor recommended the Alamo to us when we told her we wanted something good, and we are so thankful she did! We had stuffed mushrooms and split a full filet mignon entree. The rolls were so soft and delicious. The salad was fresh, so good, and huge in size. The steak was cooked beautifully, and the mac and cheese was good too. Service was impeccable. The only downside was the bar, as they did not know how to make a proper margarita.

There are newer reviews for Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the worst meal and service that we have ever had. We did the call ahead seating and were told that it was not busy at all. When we got there we still had to wait 40 min after our 30 min call ahead. The food was absolutely horrible we both got filets and they looked almost like hamburger meat it was beaten so bad, it was also saturated in butter. I couldn't even force myself to eat it. That will be $70 that we will never get back! My stomach is still not the same the day later!

1  Thank Erica-n-Jason
Kelly J, Owner at Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

I am sorry to read you didnt enjoy your filets. Let me start by saying that we hand cut all our steaks and cook them to order, so I am not sure what made them appear to be hamburger meat to you. ALso, we don't put any butter on our steaks, so I am also uncertain what gave you that impression, except me the steak's natural juices pooling on the plate? In any case, I am sorry. We are committed to 100% customer satisfaction, so I only wish your server knew about your problems as our team would have done whatever it took to fix your problems. THanks for the feedback.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The recent reviews of this establishment I was a bit leary but I came to realize that sometimes there are different tastes for different people. We were extremely pleased! Our server was friendly, courteous and helpful! The steaks were excellent. The wedge salad was great and a lot of it! The owner stopped at our table to introduce himself and chat. Very friendly! I would definately recommend this establishment for a delicious dinner!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our waiter seemed to look at us as lower class. Not sure why. We definitely did not like the feeling he gave us. Food was too pricey. It was tasty but way too expensive. Not happy with the experience and will not go back.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Wife & I stopped here due to recommendation from visitor center. We are both Handicapped and were trying to find a parking place close to the front of the building. If you park in their main parking lot next to the highway you have to climb down a very long set of stairs and then cross the river on a board walk and then climb back up to the parking lot in front of the building. It took us both working as a team about 20 minutes to locate the trail to park in the handicap space at the front of the building, nothing was marked!! Well, we got inside after climbing another set of stairs. Employees were very nice and welcomed us. I ordered "The Steak" $31.00 and the side items. When "The Steak" arrived it looked "Harmless". The knife I had could barely cut thru the meat. This Steak was so Tough that I could not cut it in places. I had to cut thru the fat to find a place to start cutting "The Steak". After several atempts I gave up and eat the Sweet Potato. This was one of the worst Steaks that I have ever had in my life. Wife ordered steamed veggies and she was content.