Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to a natural disaster.

“Great family dinner location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon

Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #17 of 194 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Unfortunately our Alamo Steakhouse location in Gatlinburg was lost in the wildfires in the area on Monday November 28th. We had celebrated 18 wonderful years in the building, and we are heartbroken at the loss. We are committed to rebuilding our beloved restaurant in the same location in 2017. The timeline is uncertain, but we will keep you posted.
“Great family dinner location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a party of 5 (4 adults and 1 3 year old). We were greeted with a smile and served the while meal with a great attitude. We ate around 4PM after the drive from Indiana so this was actually lunch/dinner how the timing worked. Anyway, first glance at the menu and it seemed very pricey and I sort of hesitated on what to order. Three in the group had the Ribeye, one a grilled chicken salad, and the child grilled cheese and carrots. Entrees come with a salad and a side...the salads could have been meals! They also give you complimentary bread. Finally, they brought our entrees. HUGE portions! We ate and ate and ate and still brought enough food home for lunch tomorrow! Steak was cooked perfect medium and had a good flavor. I would recommend this place to any visitors. I knocked the atmosphere simply because it was a little cheesy decor to me but that is me nitpicking and nothing else. We enjoyed it and was worth the money. We will be back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Augusta, Georgia
“Go early in the day...or get cold fries.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My partner and I visited last night at 9pm with high expectations after reading reviews. The restaurant closes at 10 so I didn't expect to be dining in a rushed atmosphere. Our waitress wasn't personable at all. I ordered the pork loin and they were out, so I changed my order to the steak strip appetizer with fries. When the meal came out the fries were cold and the steak strips tasted like end of the day food. For a restaurant that brags about their trip advisor score you think they would ensure ALL meals are good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kelly J, Owner at Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I am so terribly sorry to read about your experience at Alamo. Cold fries aren't okay with me no matter what time of the day. Same is true of the blackened prime rib strips. I can assure you that we take each meal very seriously and I will personally review this with my General Manager.
THanks
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My son and I went for lunch one day, dinner the next. The lunch was really great, he got a burger and I got the "texas dip" sandwich. We had also been here on a previous visit but he had never gotten a steak, so we decided to come for dinner our last night in Gatlinburg. I say this is a great steakhouse because it is simply old school great tasting steak, cooked over oak wood. The salad was excellent, the steak cooked perfectly, the service was great and the loaded potato really hit the mark. We both had the El Presidente porterhouse and we both loved it. Its not served in a fancy was, but it is done right and that is what matters. We will come back next time we are in town. Highly recommended.

Timmonsville, South Carolina
“Won't go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Walked in at 8:55 p.m., saw a building full of empty tables, but the obviously unhappy greeter said I had to wait 15 minutes to be seated ..... Still wondering why I didn't leave but had been hiking and was starving. I counted 19 people leave before I was seated in a room with only one other occupied table with two people who were ordering dessert. In the corner, a waitress was refilling salt and pepper shakers for the next day's service........ While waiting for what they advertise as traveladvisor"s highest rated steakhouse experience, I looked over the meat in the cooler window. Those thin little samples would work fine as breakfast steaks......

The waiter did his best but I chose a burger to go. The burger was supposed to be half cheddar, half blue cheese but it was 90-10, overcooked, and garnished with a tasteless tomato. I could have done better at the grocery store.... The sole reason I give this place a star is my experience with the waiter.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kelly J, Owner at Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I want to apologize for your experience. Let me say that in general, it is true that our food does not travel well. Steaks, seafood and our burgers do best fresh and hot out of the kitchen. Burgers and steaks continue to cook while kept in a to go box, and things like different cheeses on burgers meld together and become less than what people are hoping for. While I am glad your server did a good job, I do want to apologize for the other members of our staff who did not provide the friendly helpful service we expect. I can assure we will be reviewing this as a group and ensuring it doesn't happen again. Thanks
Fort Worth, Texas
“Delicious Smoked Oysters!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We loved the Alamo so much we had drinks and appetizers there after a fun day at the Smokey Mountain National Park and lunch there a second day. All the food was tasty and the staff was friendly.

• Visited July 2013