Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Too expensive”

Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #17 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Unfortunately our Alamo Steakhouse location in Gatlinburg was lost in the wildfires in the area on Monday November 28th. We had celebrated 18 wonderful years in the building, and we are heartbroken at the loss. We are committed to rebuilding our beloved restaurant in the same location in 2017. The timeline is uncertain, but we will keep you posted.
Elm City, North Carolina
“Too expensive”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Averages about $30.00 plus for an entree and the food is not worth that much. It was a place we will not go back to.

Visited November 2011

Baltimore, Maryland
“A traditional Steakhouse”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stopped in for dinner. I got a steak and my wife got the Grouper (fish). Our dinners were good, especially the grouper. We felt the prices were a little high for what you got. Your meal comes with a salad and one side. The place was average inside, nothing fancy. We had a great waitress. She was full of energy and constantly kept a check on our table. I doubt if we would return, not because we did not like the place, only because there are other places in the area where I feel the steak was better (The Peddler).

• Visited November 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
“"Excellent Food and Service"”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

My wife and I chose this restaurant at random. I'm not much of a steak person, but she loves a good one. The atmosphere was quiet, and our server was pleasant and attentive. She was very pleased with her steak, (Filet Mignon) and I loved my entree. We had the Texas Taters for our appetizer and New York Cheesecake for dessert. I have no suggestions or criticism for this place. I'll be sure to visit each time in Gatlinburg!

• Visited December 2010
Indianapolis
“Consistantly Good”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We have been to the Alamo in Gatlinburg three times in the past 4 years. It is a chain steakhouse but is a little better than the base line type. Steaks are consistantly above the average, prices a little higher but not bad. We like the sirloins because they are thick, well cooked with a good smoky flavor and are low in fat (we both have had heart problems in the past so we watch it). They are good and juicy which sometimes sirloins can be a bit dry. The sides are always good, the mixed veggie grill has a ton of mushrooms that compliment the steak. A good place for the money a little out of Gatlinburg which limits the crowds

• Visited October 2011
Huntsville, Alabama
“Enjoyable and affordable”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Service was great and food met expectations. Our waitress was honest about the selections and offered alternatives to our selections.

• Visited October 2011