“Perfect for a long weekend”

Oak Square at Gatlinburg
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Originally had reservations to stay in a hotel in Gatlinburg but left after staying one night due to rude and noisy people in the rooms next door to us. Looked on a few websites for reservations and came across Oak Square. They were offering a really great discount for those staying at least 3 nights so I figured i'd take a shot and call. I am so glad I did. Even though it was 10 in the morning the gentleman working the desk told me to come right over now and he could get me into something right away. When we arrived he actually handed me keys to 2 different rooms that were available and told me to go pick which one we wanted. One of them wasn't cleaned yet but he even offered to have to cleaned right away if we wanted it.

We ended up chosing the room that was already clean and it was perfect for us. It had a nice living room with a comfortable couch and a nice flat screen on the wall. The kitchen area was fully stocked with all amenities. The bathroom was small but nicely decorated and updated and had enough linens to last us 3 days without a problem. The bedroom had a very large and comfortable king size bed with another flat screen tv as well has plenty of storage space. The only knock on this unit was that the fold out sofa could have been more comfortable....but our 2 year old was sleeping on it and its never long before he ends up in the bed with us anyways. Best of all....we had people staying on both sides of us and we never heard a peep!

The complex did have both indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, which looked nice but we didn't use. The location was nice....off the main strip but still very convienient to all the best restraunts and shops in town. This is def a place we will look at staying next time we are in town. The price was great, the room was clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. First time in a long time someone has actually shook my hand when I checked out, asked me if everything was ok and thanked me for staying. Very professional!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 2, 2010

Oak Square has become our home away from home when are in Gatlinburg. This time we stayed in unit 213. We rented again from an amazing family that owns several condos in Oak Square. This was the first time that we have been to Gatlinburg and the Great Smokies in the summer in about 10 years. We normally go in the fall when it is cooler.

I truly under estimated how hot it would be. Thank goodness we had such a wonderful place to escape to to beat the horrible heat of the day. We would get up and go out and about as early as possible in the morning and when we couldn't take the heat any longer, we would retire to the wonderful pool for a few hours until it cooled off outside.

Being so close to the action, yet on a quiet back street was wonderful. Oak Square is only a block off the strip, but it might as well be miles away because of the quietness. Once we were in our condo, we never heard anything. We slept like babies. (The kids too.)

The office staff was very helpful. Kevin helped us out with a computer issue that saved us a lot of cash. Thanks a bunch!!!

Unit 213 is very elegantly decorated, as you can see from the pictures. It was close to the stairs, which made it convenient to get down to the pool quickly and run back up for snacks or drinks.

We will certainly return again ASAP!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CrazyHouse
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I was very pleased with our stay here. The lady at front desk was very helpful and nice. She allowed us to look at several rooms prior to payment. Will stay here again. Very good walking location. Rooms were not on creek but could see it and hear it very well plus fireplaces!!! Some rooms are updated some not but it has been there for 20 some odd years. Pleased with prices as well.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2009

We have stayed at Oak Square before and loved unit #208. This time when I contacted the gentleman at VRBO #45222 to rent it again, he asked me if I would try #207. I was hesitant because the pics on the VRBO site weren't exactly my style. But I was so impressed by his honesty before that I decided to give it a try. I am really glad that I did. #207 was equally as nice as #208. I think we may even have liked it a little better because the king sized bed was not as high off the floor. With small ones, I didn't have to worry about the distance to the floor. ;) We also liked the fact that the table in #207 was a bit larger.

The decor is very pretty. There is oak laminate flooring in the living room, ceramic tile in the kitchen and bath, and carpet in the bedroom. The kitchen area, although small, is perfect for us because we just need the fridge for drinks and ice. The living room has one wall that is mirrored which makes the space seem much larger. The couch is very clean and comfortable. The TV mounted above the fireplace is huge and the fireplace is lovely. (We didn't use the fireplace because it was warm.) The bedroom has a king sized bed, two nightstands, one dresser with large flat screen tv. The bathroom is small but serves it purpose and is clean and well laid out.

I read that someone said the pool was the size of a bathtub. I disagree, unless they have a really large bathtub. The indoor pool was great and was very clean. The hot tub was PERFECT. My daughter and I shriveled up we sat in in so long. Great for tired legs after walking the strip.

Oak Square's location is incredible. One block from Bennett's which has the best food no matter what time of day you go, but the breakfast bar can't be beat. One block from the strip. (You have to walk up a hill to the strip, but this is Gatlinburg.) It is super quiet here too. Plus it is well lit. I always felt safe.

Once again, Kevin and the rest of the staff were friendly, helpful and extremely polite.

Oak Square is our Home Away From Home in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank CrazyHouse
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I stayed at the oak square condo, the pics on the internet looked really nice..The room was very small, tv's were very small...the swimming pool is not much bigger than a bath tub and the sun doesnt even hit that area until around 12:30 or 1ish. You sit on the balcony and have a nice view of another building... Plastic cups in pantry had ciggarette burns in them. You have to pay a cleaning fee? for what. Nobody comes and cleans your room or brings you more towels..The towels that were there were very rough and stained as if someone had wiped up tea with them. The only good thing was the room was clean. Did NOT enjoy my stay and would not recommend this place. I have stayed any many of places in Gatlinburg much nicer with a better price. Cindi Crawley

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank cindilynne419
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We stayed in unit 107 and it was awesome,the people that works there was also so nice and if we needed anything they did not hesitate to help us....they keep the pools very nice..the maids are very good at the cleaning...then we turned around and went back again and stayed in 110 and the condos are fixed so beautiful and makes you feel right at home they are so spacious....we will definately be going back to stay in these units and i have told alot of people to ask for these units if they can....

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank harleygirl_99rdk
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Our stay at Oak Square Condo, specifically Room 407, was awesome. The condo is very clean, well appointed, and conveniently located in mid-Gatlinburg. It is within walking distance of many shops, restaurants, and attractions. We will definitely stay at Oak Square again and will request Room 407.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple