“To Many Problems!!!!”

Oak Square at Gatlinburg
Royston, Georgia
“To Many Problems!!!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The room was nice. It was owned by someome from VRBO. I booked a room there for the laundry services on the 3rd floor and the indoor and out door pool. We arrived on a saturday and on Sun when we went to wash clothes the washing machine had out of order. I went to manager and he said, oh, Im not sure when it will be fixed. Te repair man only works part time and Im not sure when he is coming in. The dryer DID NOT DRY at all. We hd to find a laundry mat to wash our clothes. The pools close at 10 even on the weekends. There is NO staff available after 10 pm if an emergency occured. They do not return until 9am. The carts used to unload your luggage is also locked up. When we left at 8am we had to carry all of our luggage. This is not a good place to stay ifyour staying more than a night or 2. We had already pre paid and the pics did not look like the actual place. I wouldnt reccomend for families or elderly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marsha M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lancaster, Kentucky
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in room 211 for our 17th anniversary this past weekend. After reading some reviews on here we were a little worried but we were very pleasantly surprised at how clean the room was. Yes, the wallpaper in every room was different and a little ugly but that is almost what made it so cozy. Having the little kitchenette, hallway and door between the bedroom and living room was what really sold me on this place. My husband and I have very different sleeping hours (he gets up at noon, I'm up at 6:00am) and it is essential to our sanity to each have a quiet place to rest while the other is awake. We were only about 1/2 block away from the parkway so it was perfect for walking to everything in town and it wasn't noisy with traffic. There is no view to speak of since all of the balconies face the outdoor pool area. The indoor pool is nice too and my husband enjoyed it one afternoon. They do have guest laundry on the 3rd floor but be sure and take quarters because there is no 'change machine' and the office is not open 24 hrs. I did laundry early one morning and had to go across the street to get change at another hotel. The staff in the office was always very friendly though and seemed to be willing to help anyone with questions. The office hours are 9:00am - 10:00pm. I believe each of these condos are individually owned so there is probably a big difference in how each one is decorated. Our experience was great for the budget, great location, clean & comfortable. Very happy with our stay!

Room Tip: Guest laundry and ice machine are on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This place was older but our room worked out great for us. I mainly booked the place because they had an indoor pool. We had a good three nights there. I do wish they had someone you could call at night though. The people above us were moving furniture two nights in a row at like 2am. It was hard to get the kids to sleep through that. Like dragging couches and beds around. The person at the desk was helpful though. The pool was nice. We had a good view from our balcony.

I see some people complain because there is no linen service. I don't mind, I usually prefer not to have someone come in my room when we have so many people. Making the bed mysel isn't hard. I do think they should have used matress pads, I hate to think about the mattress with only a sheet on it. The living room had a large flat screen TV and a smaller CRT Tv was in the back.
The kitchenette was useful, we made breakfast on it and had a nice fridge for leftovers and drinks.
The property is right behind the Ober Gatlinburg Sky-tram. You are just a block from the main strip. We walked everywhere. The aquarium is about a half mile away, and most of the fun stuff for families is within that half mile. There are some good places to eat around there too. Plus you are right by the park entrance. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: corner suites have better views. There are elevators so the higher the better as far as noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Gail and Roger condo is wonderful!! They were very friendly and helpful with any questions I had. Very clean and updated!! Loved everything about the condo. It was walking distance to everything. It was snowing so the view of the tram was great. VRBO 314017!! We will be back next year,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chattvegas
Clover, South Carolina
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here for our annual Christmas vacation. The unit we stayed in this time was not the most wonderful place we have ever stayed in, but it was worth what we paid. The location is very convenient. Can walk to several places to eat almost right outside your door. Parking is good, as we got to park under the cover out of the rain. We did have a couple issues, but were handled very quickly. The fireplace was a nice touch, just wish they supplied the wood. We just bought firelogs from Walmart. No noisey neighbors. Had a kitchenette with a small stove, microwave, refrig and coffee maker. The supplied pots and pans lacked a whole lot. But, who cooks on vacation?? Not me!!! These being condos, they don't have daily maid service, but that wasn't really an issue. We were furnished plenty of towels and wash cloths. The one thing that bothered me was the in room phone did not work, so I was glad I had my cell. They do have wi-fi in the rooms and was supplied with the password. That was a nice touch. I would stay here again, just not this unit. These units are individually owned and each one is uniquely decorated by the owner. Not all the units are handled through the office on site, some are rented out through another company.

Room Tip: A nice place to stay, off the beaten path, but very convenient to everything.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed Friday thru Sunday for our 10th wedding anniversary, The sofa sleeper in the living room was all broken down...couldn't even hardly sit on it. The drapes on the bedroom window were old and falling off the rod. The bathroom was clean, however, the tiles above the shower were all stained and falling in. The remote control in the bedroom did not work. The comforter was not clean. We would try it again, but definitley would ask for a larger condo. Loved the location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
White House, Tennessee
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Older condos but very clean and well kept. Doing a lot of remodeling while we were there but did not interfere with our stay. Boole through VRBO.com and got a great price.... Able to walk anywhere on the strip from this condo!

• Stayed October 2012