“great place”

Park Place Condominiums
Friendsville, Tennessee
“great place”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I come to Gatlinburg often and like others I discovered this wonderful place for my family. We just love it and actually would not consider anywhere else. love the balcony on the river. Usually we sleep with the doors open so we can hear it. The staff is great. Any little thing you need they will help with. The pool is so oooo nice because it it also right beside the river and has a cool breeze almost all the time. I could go on and on but the main thing is a really clean, comfortable, convient place at a reasonable price. Don't know why I would think of going anywhere else. We love it.

Room Tip: I should be able to think of something, but we like everyone we have been in.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank jeanp63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Davie, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I found about this place by searching around the web and knowing the area. First off, the location is excellent. It is one block away from the parkway and very close to the entrance of the national park. You can easily walk to everything that Gatlinburg has to offer. The rooms are very spacious and overlook an awesome river with a water fall in the distance. The rooms do not seem to be brand new and are a little dated. However, our condo was extremely clean and served our stay perfectly. Keep in mind that this is a quiet, clean, condo hotel, not a huge resort. You won't find a new resort style hotel close to downtown Gatlinburg. I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but both appeared to be adequate. I was there for a week and never had to use the stairs, but there were two sets of stairs if the elevator got busy. The front desk was accommodating and provided all information that was needed.

Overall, the stay was enjoyable and this place is a great value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank gatorcountry112
Orange City, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We've been coming to Gatlinburg for 11 yrs now and this is the first time we have stayed here. We will never stay anywhere else again. The room was clean and comfortable. The location was perfect. Thank you Park Place for a very enjoyable and relaxing vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vicki P
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I booked this room for a reunion hiking event, with a total of five guys. The unit accommodated us just fine. This balcony is overlooking a creek, which makes for a very pleasant stay. The room we had was clean, although a little dated, with that standard hunter green carpet that was popular everywhere a decade plus ago. We only had minor upkeep issues, like the faucet knob in the master bath pulling all the way off every time you used it. Most of the furniture was very cheap and poor quality, but clean and good enough.

We really liked the location, being just far enough off the main street to keep things a little more quiet, but close enough to allow us to always walk everywhere in Gatlinburg.

Overall, our same group will most likely stay here again next year, since we now plan on making this an annual event.

Room Tip: Either try to get a room close to the elevator or ask for one on a lower level. Request that the air...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LordOfTheRooms
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Marie the lady that manages this place is a wonderful lady. She does above and beyond to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I stayed here when I was younger now I have a family we love this place. The location is close to downtown but far enough away from the noise of downtown. The only noise you hear is the river when your on the bacony. Will always stay here when in Gatlinburg

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Bigb041482
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My family and I always stay at Park Place and have for years. Great location, the river is so soothing that we usually sleep with the doors open so we can hear it. The units are always the cleanest I have ever come across in Gatlinburg. I have friends who have stayed for the last 10 years and would not stay anywhere else. Highly recommend to enyone do nor see any reason why you would not love it, we do.

Room Tip: We like the "park" side, to the right of the building but I know others who would rather s...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank 4fortennessee
Shoals, Indiana
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My wife and I along with our older son and his soon to be bride stayed here and loved it .....the rooms were neat and clean and the management were qutie helpful .....they recommended several sites to visit during our stay as well as a few great places to eat....I found the rooms free of harsh cleaning chemicals as I am very sensitive to odors.....due to the time of year the pool had yet open so I can not say if it was as we would hoped it would be .....The rooms were quite spacious and very clean ....I also have a habit of inspecting the room before bringing anything from the car .....this way if there is a problem it can be resolved quickly ....would I stay at Park Place Condos again to answer that I will be here again in the fall Lord willing

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family