“Best place, we always pick here”

Park Place Condominiums
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My family and I always stay at Park Place and have for years. Great location, the river is so soothing that we usually sleep with the doors open so we can hear it. The units are always the cleanest I have ever come across in Gatlinburg. I have friends who have stayed for the last 10 years and would not stay anywhere else. Highly recommend to enyone do nor see any reason why you would not love it, we do.

Room Tip: We like the "park" side, to the right of the building but I know others who would rather s...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank 4fortennessee

Reviewed May 9, 2011

My wife and I along with our older son and his soon to be bride stayed here and loved it .....the rooms were neat and clean and the management were qutie helpful .....they recommended several sites to visit during our stay as well as a few great places to eat....I found the rooms free of harsh cleaning chemicals as I am very sensitive to odors.....due to the time of year the pool had yet open so I can not say if it was as we would hoped it would be .....The rooms were quite spacious and very clean ....I also have a habit of inspecting the room before bringing anything from the car .....this way if there is a problem it can be resolved quickly ....would I stay at Park Place Condos again to answer that I will be here again in the fall Lord willing

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank jjhamby2
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Have stayed at Park Place for years, and love the location. The balconies are wonderful and right on the river. They are within walking distance to the best restaurants in Gatlinburg, yet the location at the boundary to the park makes them quiet and secluded. However, the unit we rented this time (Unit 403) was extremely run-down and in serious need of attention. The balcony furniture is worn-out and ripped. The bedspreads do not look like they have been changed since the condo was built, and neither do the mattresses. One of the beds in the spare BR had a serious list to one side, and the blankets were old, tired and dirty. All of the toilets had to be coaxed into flushing. The old, small TV's in the bedrooms did not have a working remote, and the big TV in the living room had a terrible picture. The lamps in all the rooms have old, ripped or broken shades, and the furniture is old, worn-out and scratched. The pool and hot tub area need attention as well. Sorry to say, Park Place just isn't nearly as nice as it once was.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2010

This was a nice place with a great view & location. Our family of 6 adults had a good time & was able to walk every where. We would go back again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank Tammy2500
Reviewed October 11, 2010

rented 2 nights for unit # 406 due to the only vacancy left, upon arrival room had several issues and we were moved to unit #305 after settling in we discovered the room to be in very bad need of repairs and cleaning.being the last unit available and @7:00 pm on friday night and the office closed-what could we do except ask for a little consideration of our $450.00 charge, we do hope to hear from the staff very soon...fred in fla.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank tbfred
Reviewed August 25, 2010

As others have previously mentioned, these condos are perfectly located. Its great having breakfast out on the balcony overlooking the river and being able to walk at night leaving the car behind. Also its literally right outside of the Park. We (our family of 9) stayed last year in 403 and again 403 this year. Unfortunately there was an issue with the toilet in 403 and the staff was able to relocate us into 407 immediately, and offered us free tix to a local show for the inconvenience. Both units were pretty identical except for an additional loveseat in the loft in 407. 407 was great as it was adjacent to the elevator. Both units were clean and well maintained although there is some aging with the furniture and wallpaper/flooring however both units were very clean. We did not watch much TV or attempt WiFi/emails so I cannot review the quality. The pool is small and is not in a very inviting setting as it is right off the parking lot. We will continue to stay here whenever we visit Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Shultzclan9
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We were displaced from the gulf coast and ended up renting 4 condos at Park Place in Gatlinburg, #102, #104, #107, & #408. There are many good, almost great things about these condos - the location is excellent, at the quieter end of town by the park (the bypass made getting in and out almost zippy) and close enough to walk to everything, with trolley stops close by. All condos face the river and have nice balconies overlooking the river. The units are spacious and clean, the 2 bedrooms with a king master and double beds (102 & 104) worked well for my brothers and their 3 kids. The layout of 107 worked well for my parents and my husband and I. And the brother with 4 kids (3 teen boys) had plenty of room in 408. We used the cleaning staff in the middle of the week and the $35 was well worth it, in addition to cleaning they restocked trash bags, dish soap, towels and changed the sheets. The lady at the front desk was one of the nicest people I've ever met, she was wonderful. We also used their meeting room for no charge all week and it was a great place for all of us to congregate and share a few meals (we had a total of 20).

As others have said, the condos are very dated. Ours had decent furniture and recent laminate floors, these are adequate, not luxurious digs. We had plenty of dishes for the unit and a decent set of pans, etc. Bring your own foil, plastic baggies, coffee, etc. A little dish soap, paper towels and a few trash bags is all you get. The sheets were a little threadbare and beds mediocre. Be wary of units that end in 2, 7, or 8. These are all by the stairwells and they make a deep ringing noise as people walk up them in the wee hours of the night. Units ending in 7 & 8 are also close to the elevator so you have to weigh what works for you. My parents were very comfortable in the quieter master bedroom, I'm a light sleeper so the front bedroom was hard to sleep in until after midnight every night.

The pool and jacuzzi worked and were OK while we were there, they looked like they could use some cleaning. There were some pool toys for the kids to use and the pool is a decent size.

Overall, this place worked well for our group on vacation. For the price it was a good value and we enjoyed our stay in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family