“Great Rueben Sandwich & More...”

Cheese Cupboard & Hofbrauhaus
Ranked #53 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This Small but very friendly Cheese and Sandwich shop is in a great location within The Village Shops immediately on the main-drag of Gatlinburg. The new owners as of Nov. 2013 couldn't be nicer and the food is very good. The Restaurant is most certainly a German Theme with the upstairs dining room being clearly within that motif. As you enter the Cheese Shop you will be directed up a small staircase in the back of the shop up to the small dining room. I think if the Restaurant were at capacity there would be less than 25 patrons. Very nice spot for a quick lunch while you are walking through the unique shops within the Village or indeed the easy walking streets of Gatlinburg.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My family has been coming to Gatlinburg for over thirty years now, and until the past few years, I never new the restaurant existed. It is definitely tucked away (kind of like a well hidden secret), but I noticed a small sign in the cheese shop for a great looking Reuben sandwich! It took me two years to finally make time out of our hectic Shopping in Pigeon Forge, to slow things down enough to go try out this little restaurant. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!! This last Christmas, my husband and daughter and I went. It was like stepping back in time. It truly felt as though we were in a small little pub in Denmark. We loved the cozy setting, and hearing all of the other folks at the surrounding tables talk about how they had been coming there since they were children. The food was fantastic, and restaurant itself is an experience that every vacationer wanting to get off the beaten path should experience. We loved it so much that my husband and I made a special trip there this weekend (We live two and a half hours away!). This little gem is definitely going to be a new tradition for our family for years to come! I can't wait to bring our extended family there this Christmas!!!! Try it out!!!! You'll fall in love with it too!!!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The food was absolutely awesome, and the staff was very friendly and courteous. I will eat there every time I am in Gatlinburg.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Restaurant was unexpectedly closed at 11:30am on jan. 2, 2014. We called first, but there was no recording. We trekked there in the rain. It was closed with no indication of when, if ever, they would reopen. We were told it is under new ownership and you never know what to expect,

1  Thank Mary F
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We recently stopped in for lunch. We had a Reuben and a Hoagie. Both were very good. Service was quick and friendly. We enjoyed it very much and will stop in again on our next visit to The Village.