“A hidden gem”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
West Monroe, Louisiana
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We wanted a good lunch that wasn't from a chain restaurant. We stumbled on this one and made our way up the stairs. The restaurant upstairs is tiny but cozy and quaint. Service was outstanding, and the food was good. I had the roast beef and the boyfriend had the bratwurst.

The restaurant is for sale, and I understood from our server (the owner's daughter) that they are under contract with a potential buyer. I hope the buyers don't make a huge change. We really enjoyed it and would go back.

• Visited October 2013

St. Augustine, Florida
“Great”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My Husband wanted a ham and cheese sandwich it was the best we ever had later on we found out the owner was the sister of a friend of ours in ceder key Florida

• Visited July 2013
Slidell, Louisiana
“Restaurant was fair”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I visited the Cheese Cupboard & Hofbrauhaus on our 1st trip to Gatlinburg. I wish we had picked somewhere else. The food was fair. The lady (owner) prepairing and serving the food was very sweet. She seemed tired but was pleasant. However, in order to get to the restaurant you have to go by the grouchy old man (owner) in the cheese store. It is evident by the way he ignores and does not greet his paying customers that he no longer likes what he does. He needs to remember where he is - a tourist town. People will have cameras and willl take pictures. You would think that he would appreciate someone wanting to take photos and share with many people. It's free advertisement. Sir, and I use that term loosely, it is time to retire. Good thing the shop and restaurnat are for sale. Hopefully someone who loves and appreciates tourist will buy it. But until then - skip it. Too many other places to eat.

• Visited October 2013
Calvert City, Kentucky
“Small but nice”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is located above the cheese shop in the village. There is a small narrow staircase leading to the restaurant. Very few tables, maybe 6 or so. Very friendly people working there. Condiments were brought out in a big tray. The sandwich was excellent. We will return.

• Visited September 2013
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
“Alittle disappointing”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had read the reviews on this restaurant and really wanted to try the reuben sandwich especially from real german food maker...I was going to eat there last year but we didn't so this year I was determined to go there and I was really disappointed. It looks like a good size sandwich on the menu but its not. The restaurant was tiny but that was ok with me...but it was so very hot inside. I don't think there was any air conditioning on. so we got our meal to go. For the money I really don't recommend this place. Sorry but I was truly disappointed. We will not eat there again.

• Visited September 2013