“Restaurant was fair”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I visited the Cheese Cupboard & Hofbrauhaus on our 1st trip to Gatlinburg. I wish we had picked somewhere else. The food was fair. The lady (owner) prepairing and serving the food was very sweet. She seemed tired but was pleasant. However, in order to get to the restaurant you have to go by the grouchy old man (owner) in the cheese store. It is evident by the way he ignores and does not greet his paying customers that he no longer likes what he does. He needs to remember where he is - a tourist town. People will have cameras and willl take pictures. You would think that he would appreciate someone wanting to take photos and share with many people. It's free advertisement. Sir, and I use that term loosely, it is time to retire. Good thing the shop and restaurnat are for sale. Hopefully someone who loves and appreciates tourist will buy it. But until then - skip it. Too many other places to eat.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is located above the cheese shop in the village. There is a small narrow staircase leading to the restaurant. Very few tables, maybe 6 or so. Very friendly people working there. Condiments were brought out in a big tray. The sandwich was excellent. We will return.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had read the reviews on this restaurant and really wanted to try the reuben sandwich especially from real german food maker...I was going to eat there last year but we didn't so this year I was determined to go there and I was really disappointed. It looks like a good size sandwich on the menu but its not. The restaurant was tiny but that was ok with me...but it was so very hot inside. I don't think there was any air conditioning on. so we got our meal to go. For the money I really don't recommend this place. Sorry but I was truly disappointed. We will not eat there again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a two story building with a cheese shop on the first floor and the restaurant on the second story. It's a really cute "hole in the wall" kind of place with incredible sandwiches. If you like reuben's, you must try one here. Reasonably priced, great ambiance and excellent food.

2  Thank Ellen M
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Cute little place with a selection of cheeses and other german food items. Has a little restaraunt at the top of the building but we have not eaten there. Sometimes they close up shop in the winter.

1  Thank Katie B