“wonderful place”

Ranked #31 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

this place was great , the lobster potpie was A.PLUS . The wine was great , I love this place. Best in gatlingurg.

1  Thank kjj150

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I took a friend with me who had been there numerous times, and she thought it was as great as ever! I had a lobster dish that was the special for the day that was very tasty, and some blueberry ice cream for dessert, was that ever good! Of course the wild plum tea is in a never empty cup or glass, I prefer the hot version, I could drink it all day. If you are ever anywhere close to this place you have to eat there, get there as close to 11 as possible they are always people waiting.

2  Thank beachbumclinton_TN
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We got sent there from a shop owner who told us if we did not like it she would pay for our lunch.It was wonderful.The food was great.You must try this place.

1  Thank fancy4586
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We always try to make it here for lunch if we are on the loop. They are always crowded so expect to wait. When you get there there is a book to sign in with your name and # in your party and have a seat. They will call you when they have a table ready. We had a group of 14 so we had to wait 45 minutes. Not bad for that many people. I always get the chicken salad. It comes with fresh fruit and a warm scone. I have a wheat allergy so they substituted a strawberry/spinach salad. The chicken has a little curry in it. Not too much jus the right amount. They bring their signature wild plum muffins to the table with their homemade plum jelly. Yummy!! You must try the citrus tea. They do have daily specials also. That day was salmon burgers, and lobster pie. So refreshing. I could have drunk a gallon of it. They do sell cook books, the homemade jelly and the servers lace aprons.

2  Thank phislamajama
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I had a delicious, gourmet, hand-prepared lunch at the Wild Plum Tea Room. My husband even said he liked the food, although I don't think he fully "understood" the concept! The portions are adequate, but delicate. It feels like you are dining in a victorian bed and breakfast. The lunch options are a creative departure from the normal "club-sandwiches-and-potato-soup" options elsewhere. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and will eagerly return with my friends, mom, mother-in-law, etc. But, while my husband said he liked the food - he drove straight to sonic afterward! Men...

We also agreed that their signature tea is to die for! Absolutely order it, even if you are not typically a tea person. You will love it!

1  Thank alphagirl86