“Charming setting & delicious food”
Review of Wild Plum Tea Room

Wild Plum Tea Room
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have been to the Wild Plum Tea Room several times. We always have the hot plum tea & mini plum muffins with plum jelly. The menu is limited but everything is wonderful & unique. The setting is a log cabin with a screened porch (enclosed in winter) & the atmosphere is very casual. The tables are set with mismatched china. It is located in the Arts & Crafts Community.

2  Thank slair

Reviewed November 19, 2012

A very unique idea to have a tea room in the Smoky Mountains for a beautiful setting. This was our second time in two years. They have a menu that is a little pricey--but worth it. You can have hot or cold tea. They don't have a variety of teas. It's the atmosphere, the tablecloths, the china teacups, the food and service that makes you want to return. I had a lobster bisque pot pie with a salad of bowtie pasta with blue cheese. My wife had a tender salmon burger on croissant and a fruit salad. Both were delicious and pleasing to the eye. We shared a desert sampler. My wife really enjoyed it and bought one their cookbooks with recipes of meals, salas, breads, and deserts they serve including the ones we had. Be sure to get there before 3:00 when they close as we just missed it the first day.

2  Thank Jimmie D
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Wild Plum is a true gem in Gatlinburg. It's quite a drive for most people, but well worth the trip. The building is so cute! Country chic at it's finest. My husband said he felt "like a bear" in the little chairs and fru-fru trables, but he changed his opinion once the food came out.

The tea room may only have one kind of tea, but that one tea is all that is needed. It's just that good. He had it hot. I drank mine cold. Both were terrific. I ordered the trio which had the chicken salad, soup of the day (sherried tomato bisque) and salad of the day (dilled pea). All were great. The chicken salad was the best I ever had. The soup....OMG! SO good! The pea salad was refreshing and scrumptious. My husband had the salmon burger which he enjoyed. We both wanted more of the soup. The food is not only excellent, but it's so fresh.

The ladies who work there really know their stuff. Your drinks never run dry and they know everything there is to know about the menu. The dessert menu (which was rattled off to us) is extensive. We didn't have dessert just because we couldn't decide which one to order. LOL Next time we are in Gatlinburg we will definitely have to try a dessert sampler though.

Don't miss this place it's the best thing since sliced bread! Thanks to the nice man at Apple Annie's for telling us about it.

1  Thank noahsdad93
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This quaint little gem is a great find along the Arts & Crafts Loop in Gatlinburg. A perfect stop for tea and a light lunch at a very reasonable price. The service is great. The staff are warm, friendly and have a light and easy rapport with guests.

The tea and desserts are very sweet - diabetics be cautious. But there is no disputing that the treats are delectible and delicious. Don't miss this stop!!!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Tucked away a few miles outside of Gatlinburg, The Wild Plum Tea Room is delightful. Another couple, my husband and I truly enjoyed our lunches. We tried the wild plum tea, iced and hot;it's a nice citrus blend. Our entrees included lobster pie with LOTS of lobster, salmon burgers, and the daily Estrada. All were absolutely delicious. For dessert we had fresh blackberry cobbler and apple cake. I highly recommend this gem of a restaurant. Closed Dec. 1 to Mar. 1.

1  Thank Hillbilly_Jill