“Park Grill - Great Experience”
Review of The Park Grill

The Park Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Park Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Here at the Park Grill, we welcome you and your family to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains with hearty fare, an open door and a friendly smile. Our guests experience all the classic flavors of Southern Appalachia while dining in the comfort of our rustic mountain lodge.
Westerville, Ohio
“Park Grill - Great Experience”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We accidentally found the Park Grill when looking for a dinner location on Friday night, August 1, 2014. There were 11 of us, and we arrived around 9:00 pm. We were promptly seated (we had stopped at a couple of other places close by and were told that the waits were an hour to an hour and a half). Linda, our main server was great. She was pleasant, very prompt and did a great job with our group. The menu had a lot of options - so everyone was able to find something that they were interested in ordering. They have a great salad bar - with lots of options. The salad bar was clean and everything looked (and tasted) fresh. That could have been a meal by itself. Everyone enjoyed their meals - very good. We had a number of deserts (shared by groups) - and have to say that the Creme Brulee was very good. Was slightly disappointed that they didn't have any local craft beers on tap. For being slightly later - the food was promptly brought out and was hot. Would definitely recommend the Park Grill and we'll eat there again the next time we go to Gatlinburg.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank DAVALTravel

Rhode Island
“Great salad bar!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We choose this restaurant because we were having so much trouble finding vegan or vegetarian options in Gatlinburg. When in doubt, look for a salad bar! And we found one with over 40 offerings, in a beautiful setting, while enjoying the beautiful piano stylings of their house musician. All you can eat for $11.99, and top-notch service. All found on our LAST day here!

Visited August 2014
Ohio
“Piano music is nice but...”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We ended up at the Park Grill after we couldn't get anyone to wait on us at Howard's. We were seated immediately and our drink order was taken right away. We looked over the menus and tried to have some nice conversation amongst ourselves (4 adults and 2 children) but it was impossible. We were seated right by the piano and couldn't hear ourselves over the loud music. We asked the waitress if it would be possible to turn it down and she told us the manager liked it that way. Well, that's nice to hear but we're the paying customers. She said the pianist would be taking a break soon and he did. Thank goodness!

Most of us got the salad bar which was pretty basic but it was clean and fresh. I had a rib-eye steak well-done. It was pretty dry but I ate it.

Overall, it was better than nothing.

• Visited July 2014
Claremont, North Carolina
“Food and service was truely great!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great food a bit over priced but you know that going in and you know that you will have a great meal.

Visited August 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I have been to the Park Grill many times and have always had a great dining experience - excellent food, good service, wonderful atmosphere. Perhaps that is why I was so upset and disappointed on Thursday evening (July 31) when my party of 9 arrived at the restaurant. We had tried to call ahead for approximately 20-25 minutes but the phone line was constantly busy. We arrived and told the hostess that we had a party of 9. She informed us that it would be a 45 minute wait dispite the fact that the restaurant was virtually empty. When I asked, I was informed that one side of the restaurant was closed. We were told that happy hour was on with 1/2 priced appetizers and discounted drinks until 7:00 p.m. (it was 6:45 p.m.). We sat at the bar and ordered drinks and some appetizers. The bartender was slow but the manager came and assisted with our orders. We were fine and waiting patiently. After an hour, I inquired about the status of our table. I was told by the hostess that the table where we were to be seated was still finishing dessert and that we would need to continue waiting. I then asked if they couldn't simply put a couple of tables together to accomondate us. I was told that they didn't have enough staff. I then asked to speak with the manager. Instead of apologizing for our wait, he proceeded to give me excuses (they staff based on projections, etc.). He finally asked if they could separate our party into two parties (one of 4 and one of 5). I said that was fine. I tried to ask why he needed two (2) host/hostesses - and why couldn't one of them wait on a table or two. I never received a response. We waited another 10-15 minutes and still nothing. I went back to the manager and asked why we hadn't been seated. He said that we never said we would were willing to sit at separate tables. Finally, I went back to our group and told them the situation. We opted to leave at that point. We had been there almost 2 hours. Basically, the hostess and the manager acted like they could care less that they just watched as a party of 9 who would probably have spent $300 - $400 walked out the door. Oh well, Calhoun's Restaurant loved it when we walked in - they said about a 15 mintue wait (it was really only 5 minutes) and were all able to sit together even though their restaurant was almost full!

• Visited July 2014