“Very good food, excellent service! ”
Review of The Park Grill

The Park Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Park Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 204 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Here at the Park Grill, we welcome you and your family to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains with hearty fare, an open door and a friendly smile. Our guests experience all the classic flavors of Southern Appalachia while dining in the comfort of our rustic mountain lodge.
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We did call ahead seating for our party of 7 on a Friday night. It was pretty empty when we arrived. The service was excellent, the food was very good. We ordered everything from the moonshine chicken to the filet. Most meals included the salad bar, which was very fresh. The kids meals are 1.00 per age. For two adults and one child it was close to 80.00 not including the tip. A bit pricey for what we got but we knew that before we ate here. I would recommend park grill.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is one of the nicer places to eat in area and give. The other choices in area this is one of the nicer places. As someone who travels and eats out twice a day this restaurant doesn't live up to be a true fine dining place, it seems as if they are confused in the attempt to be a higher end eatery but then throw in a ruby Tuesday salad bar. The service itself is great and always perfect food is good but not what I anticipate at this price.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I've eaten here several times over the years with my family and It used to be a favorite of ours, when in Gatlinburg. But, this time around I was traveling alone and I knew I was going to have dinner here. It's been two years since my last visit. I found the food to be just average...not bad and not great. I had ordered the rib eye, which has always been my favorite, but this time around I didn't find the "wow", that's good taste. It was also the thinnest piece of steak I've eaten. Had the salad bar and crab bisque and they were good. But, what really turned me off on this visit was the service. I sat at the bar and the bartender acted as if I was troubling him by eating at the bar. It's a good size bar and I think there was only one other person sitting at the bar. I found him to be unfriendly. Perhaps, he only wanted serve drinks and not a meal?! I'll be back up here in the summer with my family and I'm just not sure I will dine here again.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I chose to eat at the Park Grill for our anniversary as it was where we ate on our honeymoon. The building is beautiful inside and out but I believe the interior had been updated since the last time we visited. We were seated right away and noticed the addition of a piano player. Not sure if the piano was there before and just wasn't being played, but it was a nice touch.

Our waitress, Veronica, was great. We started with the salad bar, which was our primary reason for coming back. I've never seen a salad bar with so many selections! I love that they offer fresh mozzarella and the raspberry vinaigrette was amazing! We were served rolls with butter which were pretty good. I ordered the filet with seasonal vegetables (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower). The filet was cooked and seasoned perfectly. I can be pretty critical of filet and while it wasn't the best I've ever had, it was up there. The vegetables were steamed and nothing special. My husband ordered the Moonshine Chicken which was good, but he was expecting better. Now his side was the baked sweet potato with maple butter and oh my! Delicious! Best maple butter ever and it perfectly complimented the sweet potato. For the portion sizes, the food is somewhat overpriced.

My only complaint is that the Park Grill is catering towards families and was full of children. On our previous visit, we did not see any 'families' and the restaurant had a more romantic feel about it. If we had known it was now geared towards families, we would have chose someplace quieter and more romantic to celebrate our anniversary dinner and ate here another day.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Tourist trap. Beautiful building and service was excellent. Food took the cheap way out. My half dozen raw oysters were picked like a full dozen elsewhere. Absolutely the smallest oysters I have ever had. They were fresh. Lobster bisque was mostly baby shrimp bisque, although tasty, no lobsters were harmed in preparation of the soup. Really good salad bar. Prime rib (I got the 9oz cut) was okay but not spectacular. Pretty expensive too, more than what Travel Advisor shows. Not fine dining.