“The salad bar is the best in town”
Review of The Park Grill

The Park Grill
Ranked #33 of 196 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Here at the Park Grill, we welcome you and your family to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains with hearty fare, an open door and a friendly smile. Our guests experience all the classic flavors of Southern Appalachia while dining in the comfort of our rustic mountain lodge.
Frederick
“The salad bar is the best in town”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Tons of great stuff on this salad bar make it healthy, tasty, and worth going back several days in a row because you can make a different salad each time. Also, I think it might be the only restaurant in town that actually has fresh vegetables.

Visited June 2013

Phillipsburg, Ohio, United States
“Awesome yet again”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We eat at the Park Grill every time we are in Gatlinburg and we are never disappointed. Their filet is amazing. My husband loves their shrimp. We even saved room for dessert this time - the peanut butter mud pie was divine. We can't wait to go back again.

Visited June 2013
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Food was good in spite of the criticisms”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

In looking for a place for dinner in Gatlinburg, we received mixed recommendations regarding the Park Grill. Apparently they have recently changed their decor from a lodge to more of an upscale restaurant. I would say the decor was somewhat strange as a result. Clearly a lodge on the outside and inside, but tables and decorations more oriented to a New York steakhouse. Having never been there before, the decor was not at all a problem, as some reviewers have commented.

That said, we thought the atmosphere and food were very good. I had the combination filet and grilled trout, which while small, were both perfectly cooked. My wife had the fried trout which was also very good. I would suggest passing on the salad bar, which adds $5.00 to the meal and was not really special. We finished by sharing the blackberry cobbler, which was great. They also have a very good drink menu.

Very good food.

• Visited June 2013
Tennessee
“Not Exceptional - Typical Gatlinburg Tourist Spot”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Park Grill in April during a business visit to Gatlinburg. Our food was ok but certainly not exceptional. My strip steak had about 30% fat and gristle and tasted no better than a supermarket steak. My wife's fish was good but again not special. One thing that was particularly irritating was the deception about side dishes. The menu indicated you got one side with the entree, but it turns out that only a couple of those are included at no cost. The majority including some potato dishes were $2.50 more added to what was already a considerable price. The wait time for our food was a bit longer than average and the restaurant was no more than 2/3 full. The service was very good.

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Help! I'm in a 1970s time warp...”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Not that I expected much in this town, but not much here. And if this is high rated...I cannot imagine what other places are like.

A salad bar out of 1970s; never mind the '70s decor. A chef with no idea what current seasonings/display is about. Food that was mediocre, tasteless and drowning in butter. Service that was...err...occasional and highlighted by one tone deaf waiter telling sexist jokes.

No thanks.