“please please dont bother!!!!!! please”

Earthquake - The Ride
Ranked #102 of 113 things to do in Gatlinburg
Reviewed April 3, 2013

this is really really horrible!!!!! if you have ever done anything outside your home you will NOT like this.....you will cry at the thought of spending your money here............ i went 3 days ago and am still crying (i spent $55.81 for the worst 7 mins of my life)........our groups age group (11,13,21,41,42,65) and we all got off the ride speechless, THATS HOW STUPID IT WAS.

1  Thank adriana0Portage

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Ummm what? When are there two gorillas, a snake, etc in a train tunnel? This ride looked cool from the outside but it was such a waste of time and money. Can't believe I didn't check this sight sooner for reviews. It just moved back and forward a couple feet. Never felt like an earthquake. They could have done SO much better.

1  Thank Jjnick21
Reviewed March 17, 2013

It's as if all the major amusement parks send their unused, destroyed props to Gatlinburg for local attractions. Overpriced. Not scary at all. The effort makes you laugh.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

You know when you smell something bad so you try to make other people smell it so you won't be the only person who suffered from that smell? Well, this is the Earthquake ride. I think I can claim to be the only person who would ever go there twice. The first time I went, my wife stayed at the hotel. I was the only person on the ride. They put mannequins in the line to make it look like people actually want to go in. You sit in this fake tram. You roll forward five to ten feet and they yell, "Oh my god!!! There's a train coming towards us on our track!!! Luckily the tunnel collapses in front of the flashlight and fake fire erupts in front of you. Now you're in a mildly dark room and the tram starts shaking. There are tools on a wall shaking. The ceiling collapses and their are rats glued to the top. A ladder falls towards you...actually I did duck when that happened. A bad rubber snake erupts next to you. Then, the Piece de Resistance, a Gorilla in a space helmet escapes its cage. While all this is happening, you laugh yourself silly. The tram starts to back up and to your right, the gorilla peaks over the top of the tram to get one last scare in. First time, I walked out stunned. Wow, did I spend money here? Every year I would visit Gatlinburg and walk by the ride, and each time I would shake my head, knowing. Last February, blame the mountain air, I convinced my wife to go on it. Now that I had a deeper appreciation for the ride, I laughed a lot more and tried to go along with the narrator. It added to the cheese factor.

1  Thank Rhenium769
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

It's just not good folks. There is so much that could be done to improve this. It does have the potential to be really good but they just didn't think this one all the way through.