“enjoyable anniversary stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Greystone Lodge On the River
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Turtletown, Tennessee
“enjoyable anniversary stay”
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Stayed here for one night as a getaway sans kids with hubby for our 17th anniversary. We usually always stay here when we come to "the burg" but this time was just unusual. I was not given the room i booked. The room i booked stated a river view private balcony, instead we got a lovely view of the parking lot!! The door into the room had a large chunk that looked like it had been busted out, which meant we had to almost slam the door to get it to shut, I know this had to be disturbing to the neighbors. There was no liner for the ice bucket, had to "rig" one up. For the most part, the room was clean and comfortable. This was the first time I have noticed "paper thin" walls here though. Heard the neighbors kids all night long. The location is good though. close to the aquarium and the parkway so you can walk to most shops and restaurants. We did get a chance to use the pool. It is rather small and water levels are incorrect. Husband and I were in the section labeled 5 ft., well I am 5'10 and hubby is 6'4 and it went over my head and almost over hubbys as well. just beware if you have kids around.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We go to Gatlinburg 2-4 times a year and have stayed at many different hotels, but usually stay at one that is very popular. When we called for reservations this time, the price had skyrocketed due to their "renovations" that were being done, (still incomplete). I had heard from friends that Greystone was older, but clean and right in the middle of town. I got online and made reservations at a very resonable price. Two days later I received an email stating they were running a special for the month of May, a mass email that everyone on the Gatlinburg email list gets. I emailed them and just said, "I wish I had known of your upcoming sale, I just made a 6 nght reservation." I received an email back with a knew total of quite a smaller total and was ecstatic! No one does that anymore! We stayed 6 nights for $395 and some change. I was in shock. The rooms are clean, it feels safe, there is a view of the creek from your balcony, they have a nice pool, new flat screen tvs, free breakfast with gravy and biscuit. We did not eat the breakfast but it looked great. Best of all it is in the middle of town within walking distance to everything! As I said, I have found my new part time home in Gatlinburg! We loved it! And it was our 7th anniversary trip as well, so that made it even better!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dobson, North Carolina
Reviewed May 31, 2010

The girls at the front desk during check-in were young teeny boppers who were very rude!!! When we got to our "river front" room there was no refridgerator as we were told there would be so we called the front desk and asked the teeny bopper and she said that they charge $8 dollars a night for a refridgerator!!!! I have been several places but have never been charged for a refridgerator!!!!! The rooms DO NOT look the same as the pictures on the website!! Such a joke!! Don't waste your money this is the WORST hotel in Gatlinburg!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Hazard, Kentucky
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Our main reason for staying in Gatlinburg was because of the Aquarium, so we booked a room at the Grestone Lodge which is just across the street from there. When we arrived around 5 p.m. the desk lady was super nice and even gave us a phone number to call in case we needed something happened after the office closed. When I called and made the reservation I didn't think to ask for a room that was creekside, so I asked the lady if there was one available. She was more than glad to check and actually found us one on the second floor. After reading some reviews on here, I was prepared for a not so great room and maybe even a smell when opening the door (I brought Lysol and air freshener), but much to my suprise the room smelled clean and looked really nice. We loved the balcony and watching the ducks in the creek. It was very peaceful and quiet despite being so close to town. The beds are full size, which is my only complaint, but I wasn't expecting anything more. The TV was a flat screen TV probably about a 32 or 36 inch size. The bathroom was exceptionally clean and appeared to have new countertops and sinks. There was no mini-refrigerator or microwave, but we planned to eat out anyway so that wasn't a problem for us. We never heard a noise from our "next-door neighbors" so either they were quiet or the walls aren't too thin. The pool was on the small side, but was clean and even had a slide, which our son loved. I think it went to 8 feet deep and started at 3 feet. The breakfast was pretty good with bagels, cereal, oatmeal, doughnuts, and biscuits and gravy. There was also coffee, juice, and milk. Some had complained that you had to cross the street to get to the aquarium, but we didn't have a problem crossing it at all and it is just a 2-lane street that leads to the aquarium parking structure. I guess it could get busy at times, but it never caused us a problem. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Greystone and will definitely return. Oh, we also saw a bear in the smokies, so keep your cameras ready!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Boardman, Ohio
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Located right in the center of Gatlinburg. Free breakfast every morning. Trolley stop right outside the door. Nice pool. Helpful people at the desk. Beautiful surroundings - great view with a balcony on most rooms. The trolley will take you all through Pidgeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and the Smoky Mountains. I took the trolley to the visitors center in the Smoky Mountains and hiked all day then got picked up to return to Gatlinburg. Adjacent to the hotel are many restaurants, shops, and rides and games for the kids. Also the Aquarium is right next door. Just a perfect location and a perfect stay (and I've stayed here at least 3 or 4 different times).

Stayed October 2008
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Our stay was a great one. It was close to restuarants and many attractions by foot.
My favorite was the patio over looking a little stream with lots of ducks...I enjoyed just relaxing and listening to the stream and watdhing the ducks.

Stayed May 2009
Reviewed March 12, 2010

loved it very close to all the attractions. parking lot is a little small but it is awesome view

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple