“Close to Parkway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Greystone Lodge On the River
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
tenn
“Close to Parkway”
Reviewed July 23, 2006

Arriving late after driving through a bad storm, we arrived to find the Greystone staff had given us a two person king room instead of the four-person two bed room we had requested. These things happen. The desk clerk offered us a smoking room in another building we'd have to drive to that had two beds. However, we had two children with us and didn't want them in a smoking room. When we explained this to the clerk, she informed us that we could take the room offered to us or check out. Twice. Following us to the door. At which point I asked to talk to the manager. We never did get to, stayed the night in the room with a cot. The morning crew was pleasant and gave us a room change, but acted as if afraid they'd say the wrong thing. Neither room had vents in the bathroom, but the second had mold. Add this to the fact that when we stayed here a month ago, I left an outfit in the closed cupboard they use for hangups(admitted my forgetfulness), but housekeeping said it was never turned in, although I'd called the second day after our stay. Hmmm. Needless to say, we will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
7 Thank citified

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed June 12, 2006

we stayed at greystone one night on a whim. the first room which was creekside overlooked the creek and parking lot and you had to enter through a dark parking garage. and that room was very far from the pool. we requested a room on the ground level near the pool because we have a 3 yr old who loves to swim. we switched rooms with no problem. one drawback was there were no refridgerator or microwaves in the rooms. we got a refidgerator on request but had to pay around nine dollars extra for it. this should be a necessity in all hotels now days...fridges and microwaves, especially for people with children. we stay in pigeon forge and gatlinburg quite a bit and i have to say this is one of the best pools. very big. there is a kid pool connected to the big pool and the big pool is L shaped and 8 feet in the deepest part which was cool. the first room we had the toilet wouldnt flush, but the second room we got did, not great but way better. there were ducks on the lawn outside our balcony and a creek. i took my son to the aquarium which is right there, around 6 thirty pm, while my husband napped. it wasnt crowded so that was nice. there is a mexican restaurant right next door we wanted to eat at but it was too packed and they closed at 10 pm and there was a thirty min wait. if you eat there go before 4 pm. very crowded. so we ate subway right across the street. there is a wendy's and quiznos right there too. and the mountain mall and village are right across the street. the location is just great. i problably would stay here again, mainly because the location and pool. oh and the breakfast was good, buscuits and gravy was good, apples, bagels and cream cheese, juices, cereal, coffee, donut holes. we ate good enough to fill us up for a good part of the day. ok, that's all folks.

• Stayed June 2006
6 Thank Lesley M
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2006

The Greystone lodge is situated between the Ripley's Aquarium and the Best Western - and the price for a basic room was around $40 less per night than at Best Western. Our room had 2 queen beds and 1 bathroom- cozy but clean and very convenient if you plan to walk around town.
The swimming pool was clean and we had a great time. Greystone lodge is an excellent value and I would definently consider staying here in the future. (Bonus: Snack machines and drink machines handy to swimming pool!)

10 Thank jadeafton06
Lexington KY
Reviewed May 14, 2006

Our family of four (my husband and I, daughters ages 4 and 9) just returned from a stay at the Greystone Lodge next to the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg. It was a wonderful stay. Our room was extremely clean and roomy, and the staff were extremely friendly. We booked our room directly through them approximately 1 month before the trip. We saved $30 a day just by eating the wonderful continental breakfast they provided each morning (biscuits, gravy, donuts, 3 kinds of cereal, bagels, etc.) Outdoor heated pool was a plus, as the kids really enjoyed it. Being in the "heart of Gatlinburg," we were able to park at the Greystone and walk anywhere we wanted to go, or just catch the trolley (right in front of us). We had a balcony overlooking a scenic creek. I highly recommend the Greystone, and will definitely be returning there on our next trip. I just can't believe it took us 13 years to figure out the best place (in the past we have spent major money to stay in the finest hotels and chalets in Gatlinburg). Good stay, good value, good time!

10 Thank JendashKY
Reviewed April 26, 2006

We stayed at Greystone Lodge, it was clean, nothing great and not as close to the shops as I thought. My creek view was okay except for the motel directly across from my balcony was in need of great repair. I won't being staying there again.

Stayed April 2006
4 Thank annethomas
saline mi.
Reviewed April 8, 2006

We, our family of four had stayed 4 nights in a motel directly downtown, the Le Conte was a nice place but our room had no view at all. I {mom} wanted one night with a mountain or river view to relax, before going home. While walking thru town we thought to question the price and were surprised to find such a great price for such a location and view. The last night of my stay was the best. We opened the door to the patio and heard the river sounds all night, yet before bed we still were able to walk to town, because of the location. I would recommend this hotel to any one looking for a spring vacation.

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank niagara007
Bedford, Indiana
Reviewed January 6, 2006

I stayed at the Greystone with my son (8 yrs old)in mid-July of 2005. The Greystone is just 2 blocks off of the Parkway in Gatlinburg. It's far enough that it is quiet, but close enough that you can walk EVERYWHERE in town without too much effort. Unless you leave Gatlinburg or want to drive into the Arts District or up the mountain, you won't have to get back in your car after check-in. The parking is underground, with entries within feet of every room entrance. The continental breakfast is good for one day, but there are so many other wonderful places to eat in town that you will want to go other places for breakfast anyway. (Try the Pancake Pantry, it's kind of pricey, but worth the price, and the wait - 30 minute wait at 930am on a Thursday.) The staff is pleasant, and you have a balcony overlooking a creek. We even watched a couple of guys fishing one morning under our balcony. Our room was to one end of the hotel, but we could still see part of the Parkway if we looked to our right, over the parking lot of Ruby Tuesdays.....I'd rather see the creek anyway. The pool could be a little bigger, but it's warm, and my son had a blast in it until almost 11pm one night. Plenty of lunge chairs for parents to relax in while the kids play in the water. Deep end - 9ft - for cannonballs. :-) Both checking in and out went smoothly and quickly. The beds were comfortable and the sheets clean. The bathroom is pretty standard hotel issue - tile walls, shower and shallow tub, small countertop for toiletries, also clean, and had plenty of fresh towels, etc daily. The tv had all the cable channels my son wanted - Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Nat'l Geo, etc, and all the ones I wanted - weather channel, networks, etc. Overall great experience, not a lot of bells or whistles, but a great value!!!

• Stayed July 2005