“Ho Hum Hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Greystone Lodge On the River
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed November 13, 2009

We have stayed here for a family reunion for the past several years, not my choice. The rooms are well overdue for a facelift. Doesn't look like any $ has been spent on improvements in years. This is an ok hotel at best. It's good location is really the only thing it has going for it. If I was in charge of our family reunion we all would be staying someplace else.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Hiker428
Write a ReviewReviews (1,225)

Reviewed November 8, 2009

It was ok on pricing for Gatlinburg, convenient to Aquarium and Trolley (Next Door) , location on river with great sounds of running water and ducks and sites of people fishing for trout.
No bad staffers encountered, all seemed friendly and helpful, especially the young gal that checked us in and the older man who took care of the parking and grounds. and they all seemed very guarded about keeping everything in order , neat and clean including parking structures as well as grounds in and around hotel property.
Not a luxurious property, but we decided not to pay for luxury on this short 3 day visit to the area and decided we could live without the internet in our room for a few days since as my daughter says," We are not in gatlinburg to surf the web, but to explore the city and it's amenities and she, like myself are computer / internet crazy.
To be fair, it did offer WI-FI in Lobby area, but that is inconvenient and offers little privacy due to lobby size.
If this property' management would break down and add WI-FI to all guest rooms, I would give it all STARS, but since it lacks that basic amenity I would have to give it 3 stars tops , maybe 2 and a half stars.
Now for the rooms......The beds were ok, not piilowtop, memory foam, nor even close in quality, Just basic bedding...........but we knew that going in and accepted it for the price. The T.V.s were only 20" and I have not seen that size in a room in years, and it was sitting on a quality, name brand "THOMASVILLE" dresser. We found it odd, the hotel was built with no closet area or place to hang clothes as is standard in all hotels I have stayed. So they put in a cheap looking "BIG BOX STORE" type wood cabinet, almost like an after thought admitting further they left the closet out by mistake , In the wood cabinet was stored the Ironing board, Iron, and Hair dryer which was not listed as amenities and we had to pack those with us only to find out we did not need them. One final room issue was the fact that to get a fridge in the room, you had to rent it for 8 Bucks a day, kinda crazy if you ask me. You would think the rent to own program they purchased them on would be paid for by now...........JUST KIDDING , My wife is slapping me here ! ! !
Honestly, I would stay there again, but will definitely look for other options closer to amenities, however, for just my wife and I , It would work very well, and it would also be almost semi-romantic to sit on the balcony at night and listen to the water and enjoy the scenery. I think this is as honest as I could be about the property and hope it helps...

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank axle33
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Just returned from our visit to gatlinburg, tn, We stayed at the Greystone Lodge, the ladies at the front desk were really nice, even changed us to a room with 2 double beds, but the rooms were really small, and no refrigerator. The motel is conveniently located in the center of Gatlinburg, and just across from the trolley stop, but it really needs updating. We wasn't impressed.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank jlhaynes1970
Reviewed October 26, 2009

This place is OK... nothing great... but not completely terrible. It could have been MUCH cleaner but wasn't completely filthy either. The balconies are way too small and the view of the Aquarium with the buses running all day was not the greatest. The hotel is older and dated. Could use a major update. The room we had was 100.00 a night and should have been no more than 70.00.The bed was comfortable.
We love Gatlinburg and it is an awesome place. This was a quick trip that we booked in a hurry and many of the places we would have rather stayed were booked so we made do at this place. The location is really good and the mexican restaurant next door has great food. Would I stay here again though? Probably not. From my experience a cabin is the best way to go.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LoveTNmountains
Reviewed October 2, 2009

This is supposedly a smoke-free facility but the 3rd floor hallway, where my room was located, was so bad because of the tobacco smell that it took my breath away. I have allergies and could feel my throat closing up as I walked down the hallway.
There is only 1 elevator and it's a LONG walk to most of the rooms from the elevator.
There is no internet service except in the lobby, and cell phone service was limited.
The breakfast was ok but lacked variety.
The balcony over looking the river was nice and the sound of ducks in the morning was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank eke_brown
Reviewed September 6, 2009

My husband and I were so dissapointed in this hotel. We reserved a jacuzzi suite hoping for a wonderful stay. To begin with, you park in the parking garage and within the garage is the entrance to your room! It was loud and you could hear everything all night. We walked into a filthy room- hair on the pillowcases, bugs in the jacuzzi bath, and an airconditioning unit that barely put out any air. Know the humidity that you usually feel in a stuffy parking garage??? That is how our room felt. When I turned on the sink, it ran for a few seconds with brown nasty water. The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows were flat like they had been used since the 80's. Also, there was no wireless internet. I paid 168 dollars for this. There is a Hampton directly down the block also right on the strip. I recommend you go there instead.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zoysya
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Room smelled musty. Old, stained carpet. Mold on shower curtain. The pool was said to be heated, but they obviously relied on the heat of the sun because it was freezing. Even my 10-y/o who loves to swim under almost any condition said it was too cold. Air conditioner set to not go lower than 68 degrees. The "breakfast" was simple at best. The OJ/apple juice machine was broken (no water mixing with juice concentrate, which we found out by almost drinking a brownish-colored OJ). The bicuits were obviously left over as they were hard. Other than that it was cereal. The location for us was great as we went to the aquarium, but we paid $70.00 for what should have been a $40.00 room. The balcony overlooking the river was the only nice part of this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family