“Great stay”

Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
ibaneziceman2007
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

Me and three of my friends reciently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We are ages 18 to 20 and we enjoyed the hotel very much. I would describe this hotel as basic. It has anything you would need (great airconditioning) except for a minifridge or wireless internet, but you don't go to Gatlinburg just to sit around in a hotel room all day.

This brings me to the best thing about the hotel-- it's location. It's located right in Gatlinburg. My friends and I walked to town everyday which meant saving lots of money on gas and parking.

I do think it was a little pricey but compared to the other hotel prices in the area it was worth it. I would definitely consider staying here again next time I visit Gatlinburg and I recommend it for anyone who doesn't survive off of wireless internet and anyone who would like to walk around town every night. If you're really picky about your hotel though, you might want to try staying at a more expensive hotel like the Bearskin Lodge.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank ibaneziceman2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
gray TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

This is an okay hotel, it's a GREAT location. Right next to Aquarium, NoWayJose's and downtown. That being said, it needs an update badly. The dealbreaker for us is NO Wireless or even HighSpeed Internet. I mean, really, what is that about? We like the location, and can live with the outdated appearance, and the icky pool. But if you are paying any more than 50 bucks for any room, anywhere, it should have some sort of high speed internet available. We had to use dial-up and it took like an hour to set it up.
Go here if you don't need internet or don't want to swim, and you don't mind an old, musty odor.

Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

My spouse (32), daughter (4), and I (29) had previously stayed @ Greystone Lodge. We'd been pleased; so, we booked it again for July 17th through July 19th, 2009. Unfortunately, the stay didn't work out as well as before. The lady at the front desk, although I could tell she was tired, was very short with me and hateful to the person in line behind me. We stayed in a double-bed room that was $ 225 total for 2 nights (tax and all). Our room (# 101) had mildew/mold on the bathroom tile wall and floor. The room also had several gnats and flies. We were under the steps and had constant noise from hotel patrons. The worse part was being woke up @ 3:44 AM on Saturday morning due to the dumpster pickup at the close by restaurant, No Way Jose's. For the money, in Gatlinburg, we could have had better accomodations!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank amandabret
Johnson City, TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

Greystone needs to invest alot of money in renovating the 5 story tower wher most of their rooms are. My family and I stayed here over the 4th of July weekend and it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The shower barely spit out water; the air conditioner did not keep the room cool; the grout was peeling; the carpets are old and smelly; the fitted sheet barely fit on the bed; Towels were small, thin and hard; the tv was small and the beds were very uncomfortable. The hotel is old and it shows. When I made my complaint, the staff didn't seem interested or seem ashamed. They could not pay me to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank trentster1998
Greencstle Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

Booked online and had no idea , What a GREAT place to stay everything is close by ,staff at the lodge nicest people you could meet (front desk to housekeeping ) . Will definitely go back and stay again ,Also the rates are very affordable. Thank You ! Keith/Julie isenberg Greencastle Indiana P.S.If you like mexican food dont miss NO WAY JOSES its GOOD and in the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Somerset, KY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

This hotel isn't a bad hotel, but is not a great one either. We chose this hotel because of its location. The whole purpose of our trip was to take our little boy, (then almost 3) to the Aquarium and then to the Knox Zoo.
There are 2 great things about this hotel: 1. location 2. breakfast (It wasn't a big selection but everything was very good!)
We had a room w/2 dbl beds, and it was a room with lots of floor space BUT there was NO fridge or microwave! For this trip, it was okay because we only stayed 2 nights and ate out the whole time, but I would never stay here again. You can get a better room for the same rate farther up on the strip. There is a small pool, but since it was the begining of May it was much too cold! The staff was friendly.
We made a trip the same time this year and stayed in Pigeon forge at the comfort inn and suites @ dollywood lane. MUCH NICER!!! We now have a baby so the 1 room suite was great for us. They also have an indoor pool!
Anyways, the Greystone would be good for a single couple or a small family with an older child, not younger children, and only if your main attraction is the aquarium.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank angelface25
New Berlin, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

We decided to stay in town on this trip so we were convenient to the 4th of July parade and the fireworks. I picked this hotel for its central location. The property is old with not much updating, but it was exceptionally clean. The only word I can think of to describe the front desk staff at check in was surly. Not the usual friendly staff we're used to when coming to Gatlinburg. The night staff was much better. The room we had smelled musty upon entry but a can of air freshener solved that problem. The beds were comfortable and as I said, the rooms were very clean. No hair dryers in the bathroom, but did have an iron and ironing board (?). The balcony over the river was wonderful. We had rain one day while we stayed and you could almost watch the water rise while you sat there. The river tumbling over the rocks completely blocked out the noise of the traffic from the parkway a block away. It's not a luxury motel by any means but we would stay there again if we needed a place in town.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple