“Very surprised!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Greystone Lodge On the River
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We normally stay at gatlinburg falls resort, but this trip my husband didn't want to spend so much and told me to find something cheap. I searched and decided to try greystone. We were very pleased! The $60/night price was fantastic. The room was clean - not fancy - basic soaps etc but I usually bring my own anyway! The room overlooked the creek which was fantastic! We enjoyed the balcony and I liked opening the door to the sound of the creek. We. Asked to everything!

Room Tip: Ask for creek frontage!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cjlray
Write a ReviewReviews (1,201)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Greystone Lodge is a great place to get away. You have your own balcony on a great river. Lots of wildlife to see. Ducks, Geese, Groundhogs and such. You can also sit and watch the world go by. Greystone is only a stones throw from the Aquarium and GREAT shopping!!! You can park your car when you get there and walk everywhere. In this day and time when gas prices are high, this is wonderful. They also have new rooms that look great. I will definitely go back again and again.

Room Tip: If you are heighth challenged, make sure you ask for a first or second room floor or you will not be...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here as part of a vacation package. I was hesitant because of the mixed reviews on the site, but our experience was good overall. The rooms are dated, but spacious and very clean. The amenities are nothing fancy but there were no essentials missing (WiFi is available in the lobby). The location is close to everything on the Gatlinburg strip and every room has a view of the creek. The breakfast doesn't have much variety, but the biscuits are delicious. There is construction going on, but I never heard any of it. So, overall, this place is plainly average -- I was not wowed, but there was nothing that would keep me from recommending it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elmtravel2
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My family stayed here for our one and only vacation last year. We have stayed here before and it was OK. Not this time. Bathroom- toilet would not stop running, light was out in the shower, mold on the grout and the sink was filthy. Beds were ok except for the flat sheet used in place of a fitted sheet, and the baby throw up smell on the bed spread. Breakfast was free- you get what you pay for. What set me off the most was the letter slipped under our door stating that there would be not front desk staff one night. That was not too bad but they were not there two days later either when I was trying to check out.. The maintenance man pulled up and said they would not be in for another 3 hours, I guess I was suppose to wait??? Oh and if your like me and like the air conditioner fan running constantly while sleeping, you won't get that here. When I questioned the about it they told me that the feature was disabled because people would leave in on and run up there electricity bill. Um doesn't my $150 a night kind of cover that?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 435RobertK435
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Its about average, we stay here almost every year we go and the location is pretty good however I think we would prefer to stay somewhere up town because it is such a far walk to everything, if this hotel was in a more central location it would be amazing. However for the money you pay you really cant complain.

Room Tip: Balcony overlooking the river rooms are great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The room was large and comfortable, and the view was beautiful as well. It's very convenient for a trip to the aquarium the next day, or walking around the area. The breakfast was absolutely delicious as well. The biscuits and gravy are to die for.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed with a group of three friends for the weekend in March 2013. Nice location in the center of Gatlinburg. Traffic was terrible getting in and out of the hotel, we easily waited 15 minutes to get out of the parking lot on a Saturday. Room was of decent size, but there were very few outlets to use! When you have four females traveling together, many outlets are needed for phone chargers and such. Additionally, we had a concern with the vending. $1 for a tiny, single sip water? Ridiculous. Don't know if I'd stay again, even though the complimentary breakfast was nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends