“Clean and neat and convient” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greystone Lodge On the River

Greystone Lodge On the River
Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Greenville
“Clean and neat and convient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I stay here all the time. So some people are upset about the breakfast, People it is not a buffett. I think it is a perfect breakfast, we don't like to pig out and fill up first thing in the morning because we like ato try other place in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. Get a grip and get over it. It is a contentinal breakfast for cripes sake. The hotel is a little older, but at least it is clean and neat and the staff has always been great. The price is good and it is very close to everything we like to do. We stayed at another place last time we were there I think it was called River view or something like that, and it was awful. You talk about no where to sit for the breakfast, they had 4 small tables in the lobby, they had cereal, bagels, and toast. The hotel was run down and the all over place was just not my style. The person who said that the tv had poor reception, get over it. You are there to get away from everything, we may turn the tv on for a few minutes a day, but get a grip and try to enjoy the place instead of looking for the negatives. Some people just pissed me off sometimes. You have to give the place a couple of times, to see if you like it. I could go on and on, but just to let you know I give it a very good rating.

Room Tip: Stay at the creek, and if you get a smoking room, don't worry it doesn't smell bad at all. J...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michele B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Clover, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in September 2012. It was a last minute spur of the moment trip my husband surprised me with. We had just celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary at the beginning of the month. We have never been one to stay in motels/hotels. We really actually prefer cabins or cottages, but we were pleasantly surprised when we stayed here. The king room was very clean, was spacious and had a balcony over the creek. It was in the center of town close to walk to everything, right straight across from the trolley drop off/pick up, but just far enough off the road to be quiet so that you could get a good night sleep. The only thing we didn't like was that we could never get the a/c regulated, it was either too cold or too hot. When the air was running, we got too cold but when it went off, we got too hot. Parking available right outside our door. No noisey neighbors. Ice machines worked fine. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Very good location.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wildwoman2
McMinnville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Greystone Lodge for the first time in the end of Janurary,for a couple of days on our 13th wedding anniversary.The location was good,in the middle of town and close to the aquarium.They offered breakfast which we found out later was actually stale dunkin donuts,the hallway to our room was icy cold,which was on the 1st floor,on the 1st floor you go down into the underground parking and take doorways from there to your room.When we first arrived we could not find any cargo trolleys for our luggage,we were in a seperate building which is 2 buildings from the office,which you also have to walk from outside in the A.M. for the stale donut breakfast,so do yourself a favor and skip it.We found a room maid and asked if they were any cargo trolleys but she could not speak english,we finally found one with one wheel missing and got our cargo to the room.The room was old and outdated,but I will say it was clean.The first night was ok,but the 2nd at about 11:30 p.m. we were awoke to all heck breaking loose over our head on the 2nd floor.You could hear and feel all kinds of jumping on and off beds,running up and down the halls,hitting the walls ect.....I called the front desk and told them we could not sleep and asked politely if there was anything they could do and was told they would send somebody up there,that there had been a meeting that night and the tennants on that floor had just got in.Needless to say this went on to about 2A.M. and started back up around 6A.M.We learned later as we were leaving there were 2 busses of kids that were there on a conference or whatever,and im sure our nights sleep meant nothing to what they made on renting the whole floor above.All i do know is we will never make that mistake again,I had just soon sleep on a sidewalk bench,JIMMY D

Room Tip: Dont have anyone over you,bring your breakfast
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jimmy87903
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

My family and I stayed in the hotel back in the summer (August 2012). We had a very good stay, I loved the covered parking, very close to our room. The room was clean, the sheets were changed everyday, also fresh clean towels.
The only thing I would like to say is the pool needed to be warmer, it states, "heated pool" it was rather cold to me.
We also enjoyed the balcony, stream below and the wildlife, we watched the mother groundhog and her three babies every morning, our son loved to watch them play.
We will be back again this year, I'm looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Get one by the stream!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank threeofus1999
Gastonia, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Greystone Lodge for the first time in October of 2012 for our anniversary. I was so excited because I thought for the price and location this would be a great place to stay. We reserved a creekside room. When we checked in and headed for the room and figured then that this was trouble because you went thru the parking deck to get the room. When you went into the hallway to get to your room, it was nasty. When I opened the door to our room I was really upset. The bedspread looked liked it had stains on it. The carpet was nasty and the toilet would not flush right. I hated the place. Will never stay their again. I was very disappointed and if I had reserved the room for more that one night, I would have definetly asked for my money back.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cindy D
Monterey, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

we stayed in one of the cottages for 3 nights. It was very nice. The bedroom has no curtains and the security lights kept us awake some, but overall it was a nice stay. The people were nice and the place was very clean and well furnished.

Room Tip: See if you can get a cottage rather then a room at the hotel, they are a mile away but off the main...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Winter Xtreme put us here. Breakfast selection is biscuit and gravy, donut holes, bagels, and three types of cereal: plain Cheerios, raisin bran, and lucky charms. Coffee and juice. That's it. Not enough room in lobby to seat every one standing in line. Would not stay here if you want a romantic stay or a luxury hotel experience.

• Stayed January 2013