“If you want a top quality candle, this is the place for it.”
Review of More Than A Candle

More Than A Candle
Ranked #37 of 139 Shopping in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Located in Gatlinburg, TN, More Than A Candle specializes in handmade soy candles, tarts, soaps and fragrant air fresheners. All of our candles make a hand lotion!! Browse through our collection of handmade baskets and country/primitive home decor. We can also create a unique gift basket for someone special.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 28, 2013

After visiting several area crafters for candles, I seleted "More Than A Candle" to purchase quite a number of candles. This family owned business certainly makes one welcome as soon as you step through the door. These soy-based candles are not lacking in the scented oils used to make them. In fact, I have put them throughout the rooms of my house without the lids and without being lid, the scent still strong enough to be noticed when one walks into a room, the way a candle should be. Prices are very reasonably too. This shop is located in a new stripmall that is actually apartments overtop of the shops, I think it is called "Covered Bridge Mall" or something similar to that. There are other neat shops in the same area to visit as well. Will definitely be visiting again and really stocking up next time I'm in town.

1  Thank Darlene N

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Dustin was great with helping us pick what candles to buy. They have great low prices and the product lasts even longer than we thought. You can place orders online or go right up to the store. I would suggest them to anyone! Give your business to small business owners!!! They were great!

1  Thank josh m
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been coming to this candle shop for years and they never disappoint. The new owners are very friendly and knowledgeable about both the area and their products. The candles smell amazing and last forever! When Im not in town I like to order from their website because my kids like to use them as a lotion. I would recommend to anyone to check out all of the stores in the arts and crafts community during their stay in the Smokies and make sure not to miss this little hidden gem of homemade goodies! Check it out for yourself before you listen to any bad comments on this thread!

2  Thank JessGdula