“This Was Great”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Been going to Gatlinburg for fifty years and passed by this place each time unaware of what a neat experience this was. We specifically look for places like this....small, local places individually owned and managed and worked. Decided to go in for a take-out. This was great....yeah, it was dated, but that's what makes it special. The guy did everything and we chatted for awhile about how long he'd been there doing this. Everything in the positive reviews here is accurate, and the negative reviews misunderstood what they were in for. The sandwiches were great, made to order, and the quality was great. Would much rather visit here than Subway. It's a great place of Gatlinburg history that we'll visit from now on. The guy was terribly disappointed that he was already out of the famous potato salad and asked us to come back.....we will for sure.

Understand this is not a modern-day Subway, etc. worked by a bunch of teenagers. This guy is great to talk with and truly seems to care about what he serves. The food was fresh, made well, and the price was right in line with every other place if not less. Complaints about price here are unfounded...must not get out much. This will be our sandwich place for now on.....for sure.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

First visit to partons deli. First impression was hole in the wall restaurant that needs to be renovated. Second impression when finding out they only accepted cash confirmed first impression. Its the year 2013 get a debit/credit card machine. Especially in a tourist town. Parking was not the most convenient. On a brighter note the owner was very friendly. The food was very good. We had sandwhiches, a hot dog, potato salad, deviled eggs and sodas. So overall I was very pleased with the food and wood return. I would recommend this place cause I like to support small businesses over chains any day.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family ate here because a friend told me about it. This place is so nasty! My daughter ordered chips. There is a large shelf unit on the wall with bags of chips. When I looked at the chips she picked out, the bag was out of date......WAY out of date! When I went back to the shelf to get a new bag, all the others were also expired. So I asked the owner for more chips from the back and he said that someone else had told him they were expired but he had not gotten around to replacing them yet! He gave my daughter a free bag of m&ms for the trouble....but they were also expired!! When I got my coke out of the cooler, there were 2 cans inside the coke cooler that had dead flies on the top. There was also a room next to the table area that you can see as you enter the restaurant and it is pilled full of crap. There is stuff everywhere...no telling how many bugs and critters are in that room! My sandwich tasted ok, but needless to say I ended my evening in the restroom! NEVER AGAIN!

3  Thank jenandbenjones
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great food and people to deal with. Sandwiches are made to order. Potato salad is the best in Gatlinburg

Reviewed May 29, 2013

First of all, there's not a friendlier guy than the owner of this deli. And I'm sure that if we had had time to stay and eat there and get the "steamed" experience, it would have been much better. But as it was, we got one sandwich to go: roast beef on pumpernickel--thinking that we could share one just fine. Later in the day at Clingman's Dome, we were a bit disappointed that the sandwich was not very hearty: the bread is a bit on the airy side and there wasn't a lot of meat in it, so it made an okay snack but not a very filling lunch for 2 of us. (The deviled eggs on the other hand, were delicious, and we wished we had purchased more.)

To give the guy the benefit of the doubt, I do want to go back someday and try a steamed sandwich--one for each of us--but our time was limited and we never got back on this trip.