“Great Sandwich!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stopped in at Parton's last week on our vacation in Gatlinburg. Have been wanting to try a sandwich there forever because it reminded me of a deli near my hometown and I was not disappointed. The owner was so nice and prepared our sandwiches fresh to order with all the goodies you can expect in a deli. The UT football game was on the radio, which made it even better. My husband and I have been visiting Gatlinburg together for 11 years now and I am sorry we waited so long to visit Parton's. The sandwiches are steamed in an "old fashioned" steamer and they were delicious. The deli offered a trip back to a time before Subway and Blimpie, where the sandwiches tasted like they should. The deli is clean and neat and the selection of sides and drinks is more than adequate. I am already looking forward to my next Parton's roast beef sub. Thanks for a great lunch!

1  Thank Jennifer S
There are newer reviews for Parton's Deli

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nothing fancy here, but a great deli sandwich handmade, chips, soda pop, some old nostalgic signage. Had a great lunch here.

2  Thank jeffbunten
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Small family owned deli, fresh homemade desserts and sides. A must stop by when in Gatlinburg, very popular with the locals!

1  Thank Donna9080
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Been going to Gatlinburg for years and just tried this place. My wife had this on her list of new places to try in Gatlinburg. She made a great choice. On the street as you first come into Gatlinburg off the parkway and the lack of parking may throw people off but don't let it stop you from a visit. We parked at the closed down gast staion near the shop. Place has been there since 1974 and the owner is very nice. It's no assembly line sub shop so don't be in a hurry. The sandwich rolls are steamed and delicious. We personally think eating them after being first made is best. My wife had the roast beef sanwich and it was great and I had the chili dog with cole slaw and it was delicious. In fact our meals were so good we reordered a second helping of chili dogs and slaw PLUS a "to go" roast beef sandwich! The slaw was homemade and very good. This is a small town type of deli that offers delicious food at a average price. We will go back again and again.

3  Thank mike m
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I have stopped in for lunch several times and have not been disappointed. The owner has always been extremely friendly which makes the stay much more enjoyable. The feel inside the small restaurant is a throwback from all of the touristy places in Gatlinburg. The food is always great and what other restaurant sells deviled eggs? I would highly recommend Parton's Deli.

1  Thank bstgolfer1