“great deli”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I tried the reuben at the Cheese Cupboard Holfbraus House (in the Village Gatlinburg). It was ok. The reuben at Parton's Deli is better and is less expensive (4.99 compared to 7.95). Great place for lunch. Park in the City of Gatlinburg parking lot (free parking) just south of Hillbilly golf.

4  Thank ToddMcfly

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Parton's Deli is on the north end of town on#441. Nice little place great food, love the reuben sandwiches; prices very reasonable; go there every time we go to Gatlinburg and stop for lunch.

1  Thank hobo615
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I first ate at Parton's Deli when I lived in Sevierville and was working in Gatlinburg in the late 1970's. I love the steamed sandwiches, a treat not found anywhere where I now live in Northern Virginia. Having moved away from the area almost 30 years ago, I don't get back to Tennessee often, but when I do, I definitely plan a trip to Parton's Deli. My wife also enjoys the food and the home town feel of the place. In todays world of chain restaurants this place definitely stands out.

4  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stop here every time we get to gatlinburg and have always had good sandwitches at a normal price. Parton guys are nice people.

1  Thank hessmiester
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Parton's Deli has been in Gatlinburg for years and years in the same location, and has a history (they are distantly related to Dolly Parton) and a many of the locals eat there. We have eaten here a couple of times below and it has not changed much. We ate there on a Saturday around lunchtime and there was only one other customer in the place. I actually don't think I have ever gone when there was a crowd. The place is just like old Gatlinburg inside...and has only 5 or so tables. There is the usualy deli fare (no salads, just sandwiches), with a man standing behind a large old del counter. It is basic.....if you want anything to eat with your sandwiches (besides the pickle that comes with it), there are bagged potato chips, which are aligned along a side wall on racks (keep in mind...so fancy "baked" chips here...just old-fashioned favorites). There are no soda fountain drinks....you get a bottled or canned drink from two large upright coolers on the other side wall across from the chips (the usual...canned sodas, bottled water, tea and juices). They serve the sandwiches on white or pumpernickel only. I had a turkey on pump, and my husband ham and cheese on pump. They were good and we enjoyed sitting in the old deli with all of the old pictures and and artifacts. I don't think it is great, however (my husband actually thought that the sandwiches at Old Dad's General Store on the Parkway was better). One thing I did find strange.....you can order a 1/2 sandwich or a whole sandwich on white bread, but if you want pumpernickel you can only order a whole sandwich. They will not cut it into a 1/2 for you. A whole sandwich is quite large, so I don't understand why he won't cut the pumpernickel into halves, but there you go. The cost was about $16 for our 2 whole sandwiches, one bag of chips and bottled tea.

3  Thank pupspals