“Enjoyed appetizers at the bar”

Howard's Steakhouse
Ranked #62 of 197 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Howard's Steakhouse Restaurant, establish in 1946, is a Gatlinburg Tradition. Voted Best Steaks and Burgers of the Smokies. All our steaks are cut and prepared on site and our famous burgers, also handmade from our Prime and Choice steak trimmings. Howard's is Gatlinburg's oldest restaurant and we are in a renovated 100 year old building with one of the best patios in the Smokies, which is per friendly and located overlooking a river stream. Come see us and enjoy the Best Bloody Mary in town!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Enjoyed appetizers at the bar”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

If you're looking for a bar to enjoy a drink during your visit to Gatlinburg, this place is fine. We had appetizers at the bar and the food was good. The staff was friendly. I enjoyed the low-lighting atmosphere. We went upstairs where they were having karaoke but it was very smoky, which was fine, but not for us, so we didn't stay but it looked like people were having fun.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank RightRachel

Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Big Letdown”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here almost annually for years, every time we come to the Smokies. I was so surprised that the name had been changed to the Wild Boar and even more surprised at how badly the quality of their food had gone downhill. When you pay $30 for a steak, you expect a good cut of meat. This was not the case, and it was tough also. When I asked for a baked potato I was told about something like a twice baked potato, which I agreed to. Huge mistake! It was disgusting and I told the waiter that also. I like sour cream, but the sour cream taste in this potato item was so horrid I couldn't eat it.
The ambiance in this restaurant is almost a little scary because the lights are so dim, there are parts of their ceiling that is bubbled up or falling and loud people cursing at the bar while you try to calmly eat.
Unfortunately this will be our last visit to this restaurant and I would highly recommend to others that it be avoided.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank B J
Middle Tennessee
“Our favorite place in Gatlinburg”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I just love this place. It is no fern bar and can be a little pricey but the food was outstanding and the drinks very good. I have read the reviews on Tripadvisor and we just do not understand them. We have eaten in many Gatlinburg restaurants and we love Howard's best of all. it is a not to be missed part of our trips to Gatlinburg.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Tngilmer
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Fast food in Gatlinburg”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Staff were great. Food was good. You can sit inside or outside, which is great for people watching. Plus if you are staying at the Hampton Inn, it is right next door.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Monamch
Ringgold, Georgia
“Old outdated smells like a bar”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The setting for this place is great. You can sit outside stream side. The food is all frozen which is very obvious. Just spend your money somewhere else. really. I go to Gatlinburg at least 2x per year. One year I ate here 2x a day as it was so good. Take my advise. Its not good anymore.

• Visited February 2013