“Gatlinburg favorite.”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Last visit to Best Italian was very much enjoyed as it always has been. The four of us had pizza, lasagna and manicotti. Very delicious. The service was good and the prices were reasonable. We look forward to another visit.

BestItalianParkway, Public Relations Manager at Best Italian Cafe & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear you had a enjoyable visit with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,833)

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Ate at Best Italian last night Friday Janurary 24th. I am a local and had never given much thought until I helped a couple of their employees buy a car. Decided on a whim to go last night and although I have a gift certificate to there went on my own dime. Boy was it worth the drive. Arrived around 8:30 and was immediately seated by a very friendly lady with a foreign accent, she was also our watress. Service the entire time was perfect and never had to wait long for anything. We started with the rolls and they didn't dissapoint. Nice and soft with a crispy exterior and super garlicky, if you don't dig garlic you won't dig the rolls. Only change that I would make is to have melted butter rather than oil but the oil was very good as well. My wife had the Chicken parm, my daughter the kids pizza and my son and I both tackled a Calzone, he had pepperoni and I had sausage plus added a tossed salad. Chicken parm was solid and my daughters pizza looked very good, Calzones are certainly huge and very good, I was impressed by the crispy crust top and bottom for the calzone, figuring in size and the amount of cheese and sausage in mine and the grease that both those items will produce when cooked it was very remarkable that the bottom crust in particular stayed crisp. Taste did not dissapoint on the calzone. Tossed salad was great, left mushrooms off since I detest mushrooms and loved the fact that the salad had as many olives as it did. Green and kalamata plus the housemade italian dressing made this a briny delight. We were far too stuffed to attempt a desert although they did look delicious and huge. Bill was 78 bucks and that included drinks, tax, two calzones, an app a pizza and my wifes dish. More expensive than we normally spend but we have at least one to two lunches worth of leftovers and I felt it was totally worth it. Atmosphere was super as well and the reviewers that say the place is dingy and dirty either went at a bad time or are blind the restaurant is older and is dark inside but nothing dirty nor sticky at all. Highly recommend and would go back for sure on my own dime over and over again.

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear what a good time you had at our establishment. We greatly appreciate your business and look and forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was by far the best service I've ever had. I was absolutely convinced the waiter, Brandon, was the owner, and was surprised to hear he wasn't. The bill for 3 people came out to $20 or so, and we had enough leftovers to have a full lunch the next day. Thanks for the great experience!

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your business and enjoy hearing about your visit to our establishment. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had our new years eve dinner at this place
Was packed of people but the food arrived in a reasonable time frame, was delicious and huge, we eat the leftover s as next day lunch
The staff was not very experienced but you can live with that

Thank you for your review. We greatly enjoyed hearing about your visit to our establishment and appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were here on Sunday afternoon January 12. We were greeted at the door and ask to be seated in the bar so we could watch the NFL playoffs. There wasn't anyone sitting there but they seated us there. We have eaten here many times and I don't pass up a chance to do so when we are in the area. The service was great - our glasses were never empty and the food was great. The chicken parm is my favorite but the garlic rolls are awesome. This is my favorite Italian . I have been to some fancy Italian places but they don't hold a light to this place. It is slow season in Gatlinburg but there were several people eating there and numerous take outs. It was my birthday so they brought out a huge piece of strawberry cheesecake with a candle and they sang Happy Birthday. Nice touch! I will be back !!

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your business and enjoyed hearing about your visit. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.