“Keep walking..do not stop”

Best Italian Cafe & Pizzeria
Ranked #28 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
“Keep walking..do not stop”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We walked in..stood...stood...noone would wait on us (it appeared VERY dirty) we went down the street to their other location..we wanted to try the food because we were told it was good. Walked in (very gross place) and low and behold..we stood again..this time they looked at us many times and just walked away...so we walked away also...we will never attempt to eat here again.

Saint Charles, Missouri, United States
“DONT GO!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We went here tonight 3/20/13, for dinner at 4:30pm. It was Horrible!!!! It took 15 minutes to be seen by a server, then 15 to get drinks and another 10 to place our orders, I couldnt even finish my dinner because my server never came around again in the 40 minutes after we got our food because i didnt have anything to wash down my food. The place is dirty, their was napkins, food and dirt all over the floor, the wait staff was rude, the food was meh, ok?! I had a salad which came out WRONG, Pizza that was COLD, and actually good pasta but it came OUT 15 MINUTES after the rest of our families food. I cant believe Galtinburg has this on their top TEN list, It needs to be on the worst 10.
VERY VERY disappointed and upset. _Not to mention they wouldnt let let us bring our sons stroller in the seating area (which was fine) and they had a designated place for it along with 5 others, when we go to leave, its no where to be found, the manager came up and said" OH we had to put "that one" in the back!" R u kidding me!?!? Its an umbrella stroller that was folded up!

• Visited March 2013
Haubstadt, Indiana
“Yikes”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This restaurant is GRUNGY. The tables and chairs all need a good scrub down...they were all grimy with a layer of dirt. The window sill next to our table was rotted out at the bottom and they had a towel stuffed under it I guess so it didn't rain in on anyone. Gordon Ramsey would tear this place apart. The food was fine I suppose, but I couldn't get past the condition of the building. Walk a bit further up the way and go to Mellow Mushroom instead.

Visited March 2013
Smyrna, Tennessee
“If someone claims to be the "best" you gotta make 'em prove it!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have eaten here a total of about 5 times. Some call the decor "quaint", some call it "rustic" - I call it "well as long as people keep eating here and it is this run down and worn out why bother updating it!" If it ain't broke don't fix it does not apply. More like "it's broke - got any duct tape?" Cheesy Italian-esqe decorations (dust), decades old artwork (dustier) and gaudy plastic greenery (dustiest), mis-matched chairs and aforementioned duct tape repaired vinyl booths.

Got a question that has been bothering me for a long time - Why is it the food that contains the cheapest ingredients and is the least expensive to make - cost the most? When you first got married and low on cash - what do you cook? Pasta! Box of spaghetti, some sauce - good for a couple of days. I chuckle when foodies rave about how much better one marinara is than another. Please! Blind taste test, they couldn't tell what was Fazoli's, Ragu or Best Italian for that matter. Same with pizza sauce.

We try to go there at least once every time we visit Gatlinburg.You will notice I rated them Very Good - based on the food, but referencing the previous paragraph - so are a boatload of other Italian restaurants. Besides, Italian places are the Sicilian Taco Bell. They take 4 or 5 ingredients, arrange them differently or shape them differently give them a different name and VIOLA! different entree! The more intricate the shape of the pasta, the more it costs. And what about calzone? It's nothing but a repurposed pizza cooked without sauce served with - guess what - pizza sauce for dipping.

Nods to the garlic rolls - I do enjoy them with a good plate of red-sauced pasta. Plus it's GREAT when later on, walking the strip, you are confronted by time-share hawkers - I get up close and personal to discuss the details if you get my drift...

Dining tip - if dining with others - don't order the same thing. The portion sizes are large. That way you can share entrees and try something different...

• Visited May 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Our Place”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been going to Gatlinburg since I was a kid and this was a family tradition and now my own little family has this tradition. The food is fabulous. The garlic rolls are to die for. The pizza is awesome and so are the other dishes. I love the salad and dressings. I am partial to the old one in Elk's plaza but the new one is good also. One trip we went to the old one day and the new one the next night. I could drive to Gatlinburg just to eat here. Wonderful!!

• Visited March 2013