“Great Atmosphere and Food”

Best Italian Cafe & Pizzeria
Ranked #29 of 197 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We were looking for pizza and stumbled into this place by chance on a rainy Thursday evening. The atmosphere is much like a hometown Italian restaurant. The pizza was great and our server very competent!

There are newer reviews for Best Italian Cafe & Pizzeria

Reviewed November 1, 2011

This was the very best italian food that my family and I have ever experienced. We all had Calzones, they were huge and SUPERB! The Best!! Cant wait to go back. Service was great!

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Every time we go to Gatlinburg, we make sure we have either lunch or dinner here. They have a second location now on the parkway so it's a lot easier to get to than it used to be. The food is excellent, a little greasy, but that's expected with calzones, pizzas, etc.

However, we ordered the house specialty rolls thinking we would get them to snack on before dinner but instead, get them with dinner. That is the only thing we experienced that was, for lack of a better word, unpleasant.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Love this little hole in the wall. Chicken parmesan is awesome, rolls are wonderful.
We eat here at least once every time we are in Gatlinburg.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Upon arriving we were seated and our waitress, Rhonda, who was fantastic and did her best to save the evening, introduced herself and asked for our drink order. Rhonda produced a couple wine lists on which we did find a charming Italian white for $12 a bottle. The wine was very good but I am afraid it goes downhill from there. The decor is dated, the lampshades were dirty, there was a stained and half missing ceiling tile, duct tape on the booths, stains on the menus and carpet needed help. The menu is priced like an upscale place and upscale this is not. My wife had lasagna and I had a calzone. Her food she said was average and mine, while huge, came out burnt. Rhonda was already apologizing when she brought it and asking to get another one made. I agreed. She was very caring and doing her best to make things right. When the second one came out it tasted good, but after a couple bites I found all the ingredients piled in clumps. When Rhonda brought the check she had got it discounted 20% due to the fact my wife and I didn't eat together since mine had to be remade. While my service was a 5, sadly the rest was not. The pizzas did look good but I have no idea how they tasted.