“Christmas Day Meal Great!!”
Review of Cherokee Grill

Cherokee Grill
Ranked #11 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brunswick, Georgia
“Christmas Day Meal Great!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We had Christmas dinner here and it was awesome! We all had prime rib and my brother-in-law said it was the best he had ever eaten. My crab bisque was full of crab. The mac and cheese with spinach was very rich and creamy. The service was spot on. Our Christmas was complete with the perfect meal at the Cherokee Grill.

Savannah, Georgia
“Prime rib”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We came later in the evening and they were one if the only restaurants not yet closed. the service was good as was the food! Prime rib was the stand out of the meal.

Monroe, North Carolina
“Overpriced, Food OK, Dirty utensils/glasses, Service rushed”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

One thing that really irks me is dirty glasses and utensils and that is what we got here - it is totally unacceptable for any restaurant. The water glasses actually had food particles on the outside of the glass (that you could feel because it was dried on, like the dishwasher water hadn't been changed in quite a while) and I can only imagine what was on the inside. My fork had food still on it from the last diner and my son's knife was nasty too. Our waiter had no personality, did not care to spend any time at the table, and basically just tossed stuff at us and ran away. He also failed to clear the table after we finished eating. I rarely leave a 10% tip...The food was OK but overpriced. Portions are decent sized but they give you a lot of starch. I had the Turkey dinner special which was average. My wife had the shrimp which were under flavored and somewhat overcooked and rubbery. The calamari and the fried catfish were both overly greasy. My older son was underwhelmed by the bbq chicken - I think he got the teryaki chicken by accident but he ate it anyway. I must say the cheesecake was good. All of this after waiting for an hour on the table. First and last time here for us.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank vmag83
“Excellent!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had a big family dinner here immediately after our wedding. Everything was perfect! There was plenty of space for 16 people in the River room where we sat. They also let us store our wedding cake in their cooler the night before. Servers were friendly and prompt. Food was amazing and the drinks were also great. A word of caution though~ one of our servers poured my 18 year old son and his 18 year old girlfriend each a glass of champagne and had zero intention of checking their ID's. Luckily, they don't drink or they could have easily taken advantage of a situation like that. We just laughed it off and told her to take away those glasses :) Overall, a GREAT experience and we will definitely dine there again.

• Visited December 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Good food, cleanliness issues”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

The food was great and the servers were very nice, but we had utensil after utensil and plate after plate sent back with bits of food or grime on them, and at no point did they offer an apology, only excuses.

Visited December 2013