“"Very disappointed!"”
Review of Cherokee Grill

Cherokee Grill
Ranked #8 of 197 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Ashville, Ohio
“"Very disappointed!"”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We ordered Steak, and a Cheeseburger. The steak was a sirloin and the seasoning was not very good. Asked the waiter for some A1 sauce and NEVER received it. The cheeseburger was badly undercooked, sent it back after one bite. Asked for manager, was told all he could do was apoligize. About that time burger came back, and I mean the same burger. It had been cut in half and the bite was missing out of it. I told the manager I was going to leave bad reviews and he then and only then asked what else he could do to satisfy me. I asked for half price on meal and was given it. The place had potential, but this time it did not live up to it.

3 Thank Adam F

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Poor Rating for the High Price”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My family and I visit Gatlinburg often since it is a short drive from Knoxville. We have eaten at Cherokee Grill several times and it is usually good, but this last experience will probably keep me from returning. We were seated quickly, but we requested a move due to the crowded table for 6. The hostess was very pleasant. Our waitress was attentive and took care of our needs. THE PROLEM WAS THE FOOD! The prime rib was prepared as ordered, but extremely bland in flavor. I returned the baked potato once because of the cold temperature. The second potato was not much better. My husband had the salmon (the daily special) and the sauce was also bland. The best part of the meal was the salad (which was fresh) and the steamed broccoli. For the price of the meal (4 on our check) of over $150.00 with the tip, it was very disappointing! I will certainly think twice before taking guest back to Cherokee Grill especially with the wide variety of restaurants that are available in Gatlinburg, Tn.

2 Thank Rh0nda65
Tell City, IN
“Just Average”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Dined here during the week (Thursday night) during our recent trip. We were seated without any wait which should have alerted us. The place was nearly vacant at 7pm. The host and waitress could both take a lesson in being cordial. Husband and I both ordered steaks cooked well done and both came out medium well. Small sized steaks as well for the money. I was offered a free desert since I had to send mine back. Drinks were expensive as well but the cotton candy martini was delicious. In all, nothing special,,,just average. There are so many options in steakhouses around the area that you could find better.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good food, decent prices but a bit noisy”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We both enjoyed our meals. He had steak and I had the trout. We both raved about their baked blue cheese grits. The portions were very generous and they have a decent wine selection. It is pretty noisy in there. The wait staff were pleasant and attentive. I'd return. It's not a romatic type of place. It's casual with a lot of families.

• Visited August 2013
French Lick
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“horrible”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We for our 30th Anniversary, the service was terriable. We got seated by the kitchen and when asked to move were sat next to the bar, which was very noisy. The bar should be moved away from everyone trying to enjoy dinner.