“More Spicy Mac & Cheese, Please”
Review of Cherokee Grill

Cherokee Grill
Ranked #23 of 204 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

As from the title, I loved the spicy mac and cheese. It was actually mac and cheese with spinach and a little spicy kick. Devoured that side dish. Blue cheese grits are awesome as well. I can't say enough about the side dishes. I ordered the Prosperity steak which is very juicy from being marinated in a light Worcestershire sauce (at least that's what I tasted). Again, ate every bit. Dinner portions were large PLUS you get free bread before your meal. It's pretty easy to become full fast. Prices were midrange, lower than Park Grill (also delicious) but more expensive than Smoky Mountain Brewery (awesome wings).

Write a ReviewReviews (3,340)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I were actually planning on going to the brewery down the street, but there was a ridiculously long wait ( 45 mins) so we decided to try out the Cherokee Grill.

Our server was fantastic. I'm sorry I can't remember his name, because I would really love to let him know how much I appreciated his service.

We both LOVE steak but had a pretty big lunch, so we decided to get steak salads. He had the Caesar steak salad and I had the Asian steak salad. We asked if the steak on those could be rare, and apparently they usually come at a set temperature but our server said that he would try to get it rare for us.

When they came out the meat was perfectly, melt in your mouth, rare. We couldn't handle how good it was. Even though it was on a salad, it was some of the best steak I've had in a long time. The salads were also fantastic, the Asian salad had a fantastic kick that I didn't expect.

The restaurant was beautiful and quiet, the service was fantastic, the food was good, and the prices were definitely reasonable.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Food was good, not great. Everything was a little over-cooked. Waiter was excellent. The person who brought the food wasn't. She actually handed me my plate. Nice facility. Probably won't eat there again because for the price paid, the food should be outstanding. Not just good.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you want a good meal go to the Cherokee Grill. However, prices can be a little high for the amount of food served.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

After reading the reviews, I knew we had to eat here. It was pretty busy for a Saturday night, the wait was about an hour. Glad we waited though, the food and service were excellent. We had the prosperity steak, w/spinach mac n cheese, and the chuck steak with neva potatoes. We sat in the bar, but I did see there was a nice fireplace glowing in the main dining room. Would definitely eat here again.