“Excellent Steaks!”
Review of Cherokee Grill

Cherokee Grill
Ranked #9 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband & I chose to eat at this restaurant for dinner because we were both in the mood for a steak. I ordered the prosperity steak & my husband had the filet mignon. They both come with two sides and some bread and they were both to die for. I will say that it was probably the priciest dinner either of us have ever had, but it was our anniversary and it was definitely worth it. If ever in the area, we would definitely be back. The service was great & the restaurant is in an ideal location!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,243)

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The food and service was great. You need to try some of their specials. All I have tried have been excellent. Definitely will eat there again and recommend to friends.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The funny thing is the steak and prime rib both came out medium when ordered medium rare, but our server gladly took them back and made it right. The great thing about this place is the service has been top notch when we have gone, and the main dishes and sides are absolutely excellent. This time we shared an appetizer of oysters that were baked with crab, bread crumbs and I think parmesan and they were excellent. The prime rib has amazing flavor, is nice and tender, and served the traditional way, with horse radish sauce and au jus. Many places try to fancy it up, but this is perfect so I say leave it alone! The sides, oh the sides! The Spicy mac and cheese with spinach is incredible, some of the best mac and cheese anywhere. I did double starch because the Nevas potatoes are also amazing! Since I couldn't decide I had them both and loved every bite. My son got a Filet that was delicious and some excellent french fries.
This is one of our favorite places to eat in Gatlinburg! Highly recommended.

2  Thank music_fanatic1
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a great time at Cherokee. Waited maybe 20 minutes for our table on a Saturday night at 8 PM. I had NY Strip w/ mashed potatoes and green beans- my wife had Prosperity Steak with mashed potatoes and rice. Meal was absolutely outstanding. Atmosphere was great. My view was of Calhoun's water mill and my wife had the Space Needle, so not too bad. We will definitely go back, it was our favorite restaurant in Gatlinburg and one of the better restaurants we've been to in a long time.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were at Cherokee Grill about 6:30 p.m. n September 1, 2013. We weren't sure where we were going to eat at - and it had started drizzling rain - the Cherokee Grill was right by your condo - and when we stepped in the door they said that there would be no wait...now that is very important when you have a 7 month old baby with you and it is drizzling rain. There were 5 of us plus the baby. We were seated immediately and were very impressed by the inside of the restaurant - it kind of reminds you of a lodge.

It did take several minutes after we were seated before anyone came to take our order - but after we did order it only took a few minutes for our food to be ready. The light is very dim in the restaurant and it was hard for me to read the menu (this was my only negative about the visit) I ordered the Philly Steak Sandwich and it was great. Two of our party had the ribs and were very pleased and one had the chicken tenders and said that they were probably the best that he had ever had. The waiter so friendly and helpful.

We will be back there to eat....with the price being so reasonable and the food being excellent - what more can a person ask for?

1  Thank yhtakGeorgia