“Expectations not met”

The Peddler Steakhouse
Ranked #32 of 204 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Gatlinburg TN, The Peddler Steakhouse is literally built upon tradition. Families continue to return from one generation to the next. We invite you to start a new dining tradition with us.
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a company meeting in Gatlinburg and had reservations at this place at 6:30 we got there and were told that they didn't have a table for us. They told us it would be 7 before we could be seated, we went to the bar to wait, the bar seemed under staffed and overwhelmed and it it took til almost 7 to get drinks. When 7 rolled around we went to see about our table and told it would be 7:30 before we could be seated. We asked to speak with a manager and were told that there wasn't one there. We finally ended up getting seated at 8:30, two hours after our reservation. The food was just ok, on par with a logans steakhouse except for the prices. The smoked oysters on the salad bar were the high point of my evening. I would not recommend this place to family or friends.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,675)

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I'm surprised by this place not being number 1 in Gatlinburg. It was highly recommended and delivered both times, once in Sept 2009 and this time in Nov 2013. The food is terrific and well worth it. I don't like salads but both times loved the salad bar. I'm pretty snobby with food (see my other reviews) but I love this place. Service was good. Food is great. I'd give it a shot. Its the best in town

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

When I walk into a more expensive restaurant I expect good service, good food, and a good atmosphere. My expectations were exceeded. The staff was wonderfully attentive, never letting my glass get empty or leaving an empty dish on the table, yet never over-bearing. We had a table overlooking the river and tender, delicious steaks. It was absolutely worth the price.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had dinner here last night for our 15 year wedding anniversary. Ribeye steak was great, nice salad bar, blackberry dessert was scrumptuous. They found out while seating us it was a special night (we did not have reservations). They asked us for an extra minute and we found a candlelit table by the creek waiting. Wait staff was VERY attentive & personable. Food is a little pricey but definately worth it!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

While visiting Gatlinburg we were very much looking forward to this highly recommended restaurant. I would give this restaurant an F- and here's why. From the moment we sat down we were rushed. We ordered a filet and the first time it was over cooked, so we sent it back and waited 20 minutes for another one. The second steak was RAW. We decided not to order a third disaster. Meanwhile, our rude waitress chose to completely ignore us, and for some reason a different waitress was assigned to our table. We were very dissatisfied so asked to speak to the manager. What a waste of time that was. He came over and when he came over he was indifferent. He seemed to not care at all and when we told him the steak was raw, he said NO, it was medium rare. I thought that the customer is always right. He didn't even attemp to make it right. We expected so much more from a "manager" at a fine restaurant. After all, this isn't Denny's. Extremely poor customer service and the quality of food isn't even near what they're charging. Don't waste your time or money on this place.

3  Thank Sommer1176