“Excellent and Unique Hot Dogs”

Smoky Mountain Shakes N Dawgs
Ranked #6 of 197 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I came here for a late lunch. I ordered the "Slaw Dog" and my husband ordered a cheezy bacon dog. We both enjoyed our dogs very much! The place could use a little more decorations, but it was a great place for a quick stop. Would definitely return and try some other creative hot dogs.

There are newer reviews for Smoky Mountain Shakes N Dawgs

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Not fancy. A family owned spot specializing in a wide variety of hot dogs and milkshakes. A little out of the way from the Parkway in Gatlinburg but well worth finding. They also offer burgers, fries, chicken tenders, etc.

I ordered their Chili Cheese dog, my wife had a Pretzel dog, my daughter ordered their Chili Cheese Fry dog and my son in law had their Mean Joe Bean dog. Everybody chowed down and raved about their selection.

Since shakes are their specialty we all ordered some very good very thick milkshakes. Mine was Chocolate Peanut Butter. I now have a new favorite flavor.

Prices are reasonable.

If you're headed to Gatlinburg you should check out Smoky Mountain Shakes N' Dawgs. It's excellent food that's different from most of the tourist spots.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

First time eating here. I was very impressed with the variety of specialty hotdogs. The prices are reasonable for these types of hotdogs. I ordered the surf and turf and mountain hotdog. It was cooked fresh and right in front of me. The dogs were great!! Very tasty and flavorful to say the least. The staff was very friendly and respectful. The place is clean and well maintained. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good hotdog!!

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I live in Gatlinburg and frequent this restaurant often. When I had the freshly picked blackberries shake, it was by far the best milkshake I have ever had in my life! They pick the blackberries that day on their own property and then smash em up and make them into an incredible milkshake with a special ice cream which I will not mention on this review.unfortunately, the blackberries are only around for a few weeks in June and July so I will be ready for next year's batch. So, while we wait for the blackberries, go get you the best strawberry shake in the world!

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The food is NOT worth the price they charge! We had strawberry shakes and I have to say that we were disappointed. My husband had a cheeseburger and fries. There wasn't many fries that came with the order. For 3 milkshakes and 1 cheeseburger and fries, our total was $20. That is a bit much for this kind of fare. Save your money and head to Sonic!