“Hot, cheesy and freshhh! Grrreat!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Daddy's Pizzeria

Big Daddy's Pizzeria
Ranked #7 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Wood-Fired Pizza. Fresh Ingredients. Hand Crafted Dough. Exceptional Pizza.
Western North Carolina
“Hot, cheesy and freshhh! Grrreat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Okay, can I just say that this is the best pizza I have had in um years!!! Everything was freshy-fresh and delic!!! Hubby & I ordered salad and "BBQ 4 U" pizza. Salad was great. The pizza was superb! Freshly tossed dough, first-rate meat and stringy cheese. New York would be jealous if they knew how great Big Daddy's is!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very yummy pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Pizza was magnifico. Salad was small for the price. We were overall very happy with our meal. Recommend going here if visiting Gatlinburg

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Greenup, Kentucky
“Good, fresh, wood-fired, brick oven pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

While on vacation in the Great Smoky Mountains area, we found ourselves in Gatlinburg in the middle of the day, hungry for good pizza. We had seen ads for Big Daddy's Pizzeria, and just after we parked, found ourselves strolling past it, in the same building as Bennett's BBQ Restaurant -- it is owned by the same group. We turned in to give it a try. We were the first customers of the day, apparently. My wife and I each ordered our own 10 inch pizzas, but should have split one, doing a half/half topping selection, because we each found 10" of pizza to be too much for one meal! The wait staff was super-friendly and helpful. Our waiter answered our questions with a smile, and built my pizza to order with the toppings that I desired. When it came, it was delicious. The dough is freshly made, as they use no freezers. The toppings tasted to be high quality, the cheese was tasty, and the wood-fired, brick oven-baked crust was a delight. It had just enough crunch and tasted great.

The only drawback was that a lady -- the manager? -- tried twice to sell us a $28 jar of sea salt/coconut oil skin treatment. My wife and I had tried it on visits to the restroom and it did leave the skin smooth. However, we came for pizza, not skin treatment, so I found that a bit inappropriate. The lady was friendly, and seemed nice, so I complimented her on her sales ability.

Big Daddy's is owned by the same management group as Bennett's BBQ, Mama's Farmhouse, Alamo Steakhouse and Mad Dog's Creamery. They know how to train their people to be friendly and helpful, and I commend them for that! If you are around Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg with an urge for good pizza, go to Big Daddy's. Prices are "vacation" prices, so don't be shocked. Not a bad price if you go for one topping item, or perhaps two, but I went for six. Expensive, but still delightful to the taste buds!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Illinois
“Wonderful pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Brick oven pizza was great! The dough bites were great too. Service was quick. Will definitely go back when we get to that area again.

Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spot on!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have never been so thoroughly impressed with a delivery as I was with here. I had a particular order which was filled with complete accuracy (above and beyond...plates, utensils, napkins, matches, parmesan, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper) delivery time was spot on to the minute and the food was fresh, filling, and of a great value for excellence! Immaculate and where in my experience customer service went above and beyond!