Review Highlights
Great way to start our time in the Smokies

The Classic Tour delivered on our expectations and was a great way to start our time in the Smoky... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
DebDziad
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
The best Firefly Tour

My friend and I went on the Firefly tour with Clayton as our guide and it was a wonderful... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jasminevogel

Recommended experiences in and around Gatlinburg
from $50.00
from $41.00
from $41.00
from $120.00
More Info
All reviews classic tour auto tour early settlers appalachian trail courthouse rock park service lightening bugs trail of tears firefly tour classic national park viewing spot local plants booked this tour passenger van great hike his knowledge great smokies
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2017

My friend and I took the Cascading Adventure with Jake last weekend. The hike was amazing, Jake was fantastic and the weather and scenery couldn't have been better. As a guide, Jake is extremely knowledgeable and well traveled. He shared with us history of the park and area, the local plants, and his previous travels. We traded stories, joked and laughed away 3 hours - oh, and we also got some exercise in! The trail was less traveled and we only saw three people at the very beginning, which was great because Gatlinburg and the park was EXTREMELY busy last weekend. I can get winded when I hike, and he was really nice about taking quick breaks without making me feel bad about it. I also love to take photos and he was patient when I stopped to take so many pictures. I highly recommend this company and this hike!

Date of experience: October 2017
Clay9, Owner at Smoky Mountain Guides, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

We are glad you enjoyed your time and guide.

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Great service, knowledgable and fun guide, brilliant afternoon.

We took the High Point Tour with guide Andrew (Andy) today having originally been scheduled for yesterday, the company rang and suggested that if we were available the following day i.e. today then they recommended moving the booking due the low cloud & rain and the far better weather forecast for today.

Andy was waiting in the parking lot to collect us from our apartment block and went out of his way to ensure our comfort, we had the whole Sprinter van to ourselves. He was knowledgeable and passionate about the park, environment, wildlife & local area as well being happy to engage in good conversation providing some local flavour to recent events.

We both throughly enjoyed our afternoon and would highly recommend this company and Andy in particular; we’ll certainly be adding you to the must do list when we hopefully return.

2  Thank garysC8124QJ

Great to hear it was an awesome trip for you.

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

This was by far the best decision made during our visit. Jake was an excellent guide. Very informative. Wish I could schedule another one for tomorrow!

Very happy to hear that

Reviewed October 6, 2017

Jake was great...very informative and friendly. So much history in Cades Cove that a tour guide is a must.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

My guide Jake was awesome. He was very knowledgeable about the area and his job. We got to swap travel stories during the hike, which took my mind off of the exercise. He set a great pace during the hike that made it just tough enough, but enjoyable at the same time. Booking my tour was also very easy, Clayton was very nice and accommodating. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for smoky mountain tours and outdoor trips.

Date of experience: September 2017
Clay9, Owner at Smoky Mountain Guides, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Great to hear you had this experience. thank you