“Great Atmopshere!”

Crystelle Creek Restaurant and Grill
Ranked #17 of 196 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Altona, IL
“Great Atmopshere!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The staff here are the nicest people you will meet. The outside of the restaurant is very neat and the inside is nice and even had live music for dinner when we were there around 8:30 pm. It took a little while for our food to come but we were in no hurry. My boyfriend said his catfish was very good. I had the southwestern chicken sandwich and it was decent. It is a unique place to eat and isn't located in the busiest part of Gatlinburg.

• Visited August 2014

Atlanta, GA
“Nice meal -”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The menu was good - food was good - atmosphere a little odd. Seemed like it would be a romantic place, but it wasn't really. Service was average, but it seemed like they wanted to close early and we felt a little rushed. Live music was interesting.

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“So thankful to have found this place!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Crystelle Creek on several occasions, each being better than the last. Last night I was shown an even better side to the company; trust. I didn't have my glasses on as I was tipping (or as my wife says, not paying attentive) and I accidentally put a $50 bill down instead of a $20. As I was headed to my car, the server ran out and made sure I had not made a mistake. I was so thankful. I work really hard for my money and in that moment felt thrilled knowing that there were people who didn't use an opportunity for greed. I ended up giving that nice girl an extra $5.

I hope this business thrives. They certainly have the ambience, the great food, and amazing staff to do so.

Statesville, North Carolina
“Hit in the head, bad food......It must have been an off night :(”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I had read great things about this restaurant and couldn't wait to go. We made a reservation for 9pm on a Saturday night because we weren't sure if it would be crowded. They restaurant said they would be open until 11pm , so we thought this would be a nice dinner out as a couple.

Upon arriving we saw the tree, it's really cool. I was happy to see the dining area was all glass so we could see the tree from inside as well. The live music was playing and we were sat right up front. The atmosphere was perfect!

While we were ordering all the sudden the tree went dark. It was 9:15 and they turned it off. I barley got to see it. I didn't understand why you would turn off the tree if you are open til 11? It kind of ruined the atmosphere. Anyway, the music was great and we were still enjoying our time.

I ordered a chicken dish with gravy, potatoes, and broccoli. Hubby order a grilled chicken dish with potatoes. Mine came...it was awful. The chicken was very dry and the breading tasted awful. It was like a bad, frozen chicken nugget. The gravy resembled jello. The broccoli was good. My husband's dish was much better. It tasted like a grilled piece of chicken, nothing special, but good.

After about 30 minutes I had finished my broccoli and asked the waitress to take the plate away. She asked why I didn't eat anything else I stated it was a little dry for my taste (trying to be tactful), but no worries I will just have some dessert and coffee.

She returned about 10 minutes later with the dish I has asked her to take away. The waitress said she talked to the cook and if I would eat the center of the chicken and not the edge then it wouldn't be dry. Seriously???? She went on to explain the most people eat chicken from the center outward. I said no thank you, just dessert. She then brought me a slice of cheesecake, coffee, and boxed up the dinner I did not want.

The waitress then proceeded to hit me in the head while trying to refill my husband's drink. I'm sure this was an accident, but I started looking around for cameras. I really thought this was some type of joke.

We stayed until almost 11 because the music was so good.

I recommend going for appetizers and drinks and avoid the costly menu. The prices were very high for the quality of food and the service. We paid full price for our meal. I kind of thought they might discount my meal or even remove it, but they didn't and I didn't ask. I believe my cheesecake was comped.

3 Thank hsue12
Mount Carroll
“Off the beaten path and worth the trip”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We ate there twice last week. Great service and food and beautiful to boot. If you go at night, the tree waterfall is neat. Food wise, you'll love the Parmesan rolls and the trout picata is delicious.