“Good food, good service”

Crystelle Creek Restaurant and Grill
Ranked #36 of 203 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We ate here because we were traveling with our dog and they allow dogs on the sports patio. The service and the food were great. They even got us a bowl of water for the dog. We will be back on our next trip!

1  Thank poohbear48421
Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I like to start with the positives...

1. Food was good. Homemade chicken noodle soup was great! Garlic Rolls were good too. My salad came with home made salad dressing, which was very tasty. My husband said that is burger was excellent.
2. Seating options are great - Your choice...dinner with live music or you can choose to sit where you do not have music. If you have your pooch with you, they offer a section for you to dine where you can bring your pet. Prefer to sit outside...they have that covered too.
3. Our server and host were extremely nice and professional.

Now, the negatives. Just one really...the service was terrible. Not the fault of our server but the service from the kitchen was extremely slow. Hopefully, they will improve upon this but in the meantime, if you decide to check out this restaurant...just do not be in a hurry. Relax & enjoy yourself.

Even with the slow service, we will be back.

(Hey Crystelle Creek...how about adding matzah balls to your chicken noodle soup??)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stopped in here on our vacation to Gatlinburg. Initially, we just planned on having a drink. However, the owner shmoozed us and talked us into staying for dinner.

Here's the timeline: Ordered two drinks. Husband got his....ten minutes later I got mine.

Ordered dinner. I got my salad. Ten minutes later, husband got his soup. Dinner was served ONE HOUR later. Husband's medium rare steak was ice cold. I was served the thinnest, fattiest ribeye I've ever had.

Approximately a half hour after the salad and delayed soup and beginning to tire of the wait, we searched for the salesman/owner. Not to be found. Finally spotted and grabbed him when we got our bill. Told him of the rotten service, his response, "I know! We got so busy tonight!"

He gave the ladies at a table near us a 20% discount for the lousy service (weak...but something). He gave us nuthin'.

But the garlic rolls are really good. Strongly garlic flavored, but better tasting than a lemon.

3  Thank 50onthego
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We would go to this restaurant when it was called Bear Creek Grill. We didn't know what to expect since it had changed names. It still has quality food (my husband gets steak and I usually get chicken parm.) but this time with a newly renovated atmosphere. What I enjoyed most was that it is outside of Gatlinburg and away from the crowds. They had a jazz singer that night and she sang softly. It was really relaxing (with a 8 month old!) and quiet enough that we could still talk and not have trouble hearing. We will continue going back.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We should have known better whenever we pulled into the parking lot and saw only three other vehicles. Our party of five (including a four year old) was seated in front of the stage. Placed our order, and for the prices, food was sub par. Granted, you were given a reasonable amount, but the quality just wasn't there. I have eaten better steaks at Golden Corral. Only saw our server when she took our order and brought our bill. No refills offered on drinks. Definetly will not go back.

1  Thank cmworth