“Good illusionist; didn't care for misleading banter”
Review of Bill Gladwell, The Mentalist - CLOSED

Bill Gladwell, The Mentalist
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

First, Bill is a skilled performer. The routines are done well and so is his interaction with the audience. I'm not looking for a refund because I paid for a show and I got one.

As a personal opinion, I found Bill's specious explanations for his feats (statistics, human behavior) to be unnecessesarily misleading. This may seem an odd position from a magic act customer but I would have enjoyed the performance more had it been presented as the magic act it is. Guess I'm being a Puritan but yes, I found it morally objectionable to see "statistics" touted earnestly as the basis for simple sleight-of-hand, especially with kids in the audience. Good show, Bill, but the faked sincerity and false explanations take the shine off for me.

1  Thank BRsystems
BillGladwell, Owner at Bill Gladwell, The Mentalist, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

I am not sure if you came into the show late, but somehow you missed me emphasizing twice within the first five minutes of my show that "I do the same thing throughout my performance that psychics do on a daily basis... I lie, steal, and cheat."

Thank you for coming to the show, but I believe your comments are way off base. I make it very clear at the beginning of my show what is about to happen.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Many times in the show you are like "huh - how did that just happen!" It was a lot of fun & I would definitely recommend him. My only negative is I thought the venue was a bit depressing.

1  Thank NorthCarolinaRoxy
BillGladwell, Owner at Bill Gladwell, The Mentalist, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Roxy,

I took over the venue as is, and it is progressively getting less "depressing". Thank you for the review, and I am very happy that you enjoyed my show.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Took in Bill Gladwell's show along with my husband, daughter, son-in-law, and 2 granddaughters aged 10 and 12. We all were awe struck! Even the greatest skeptic will be amazed by his talent. Located, oddly enough, in a small venue at the back of an arcade at the bottom of the Space Needle which was a little weird and the bathrooms could use a major redo but the venue was very "intimate" and the show exceptional. Don't miss it. Much better than so much of the schlock on the strip.

BillGladwell, Owner at Bill Gladwell, The Mentalist, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

I am very happy you found me in the back of the arcade. After getting into the theater, I am glad you had a great time. My audiences are who makes the show. No audience, no minds to read.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My friends and I decided to see this show after one of them found a link to the show, we read the reviews on Trip Advisor. The show was very entertaining. This kind of show is not my sort of thing, and I found myself watching to see how he did the tricks. I must admit that I was impressed and had a lot of fun. My friend, who does love this sort of show, had a blast and is still telling anyone who will listen all about it. I loved the degree of audience participation (there is a very good chance you will get chosen for some task). This makes the act even more engaging. They do take pictures during the show (of the performance and the volunteers) and many of these are uploaded to their Facebook page. This is a very nice touch. If I were considering whether to attend the show or not, I would also check out the Facebook page.

I think I should add here that my group had difficulty with online ticket ordering. We called the number and received a very quick and amazingly polite and helpful response. That kind of service really set the tone for the whole show. It was very clear that Bill Gladwell takes his show and his customers very seriously. After a wonderful show, he took the time to shake hands, take a few pictures, and chat with the audience. Great show from beginning to end. I would highly recommend this show (get tickets early, the theater is small and was filled even on a weekday).

1  Thank ghostbear79

Thank you so much for coming to see me, and thank you for the review. Tell your friend to continue telling everyone about me. I appreciate it!

It was my pleasure helping you with the tickets.