“Mind-boggling!”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Mind-boggling!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed Bill Gladwell's show! We can't figure out how he did what he did, even though he often explained as he went along, referring to research and statistics. We watch The Mentalist on TV and have seen some programs about how magicians misdirect our attention during their performances, as well as how we can be led by subliminal suggestions in what someone says. We looked for those things and still couldn't figure out how Bill does what he does. The most amazing thing is the locked box at the end. I especially liked that everyone in the audience had a chance to participate in this very interesting show--and at a very reasonable price!

1 Thank Rotarytraveler03
BillGladwell, Owner at Bill Gladwell, The Mentalist, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
The real art of what I do is when I have great audience members like you two who are looking for the "trick", and then you can't find it. I have to look at everything and everyone else that does what I do and then be different. The "trick", there isn't want one. It's a combination of suggestion, hypnosis, NLP™, directed awareness, and showmanship. I guess that combination could be the trick.

Thank you for coming to the show!

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Mind Blowing!!!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

OMG, seriously the best thing to do in Gatlinburg! You've got to experience it for yourself.I am still in total awe of Bill!

Visited October 2012
Being in "total awe" is a good thing, right?

Thank you for attending the show, and you are welcome back anytime.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TIME WELL SPENT!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My Wife and I went to Gatlinburg for our honeymoon this October and for fun we decided we wanted to visit the space needle as well as catch a show in the Arcadia Theater. Which ended up being a Hypnosis show.
now let me first state that i am a very hard man to impress as well as fool, and I really didn't believe that I would enjoy the show all to much but the new wife wanted to go "yes dear"
I guess the real reason that I am writing this review is to admit that I was wrong. Not only did I enjoy the show fully, I was also AMAZED and ASTOUNDED at what I saw. My wife happened to go up to be hypnotized so I KNOW that this was NOT an inside job.
Bill(the mentalist) who hypnotized her, had her dancing and singing and so much more. It was the most entertainment I think i have had in my entire life.
I would recommend this show to EVERYONE because it was so fantastic!

1 Thank Dàniel S
Although we I did not perform a stage hypnosis show in October, I appreciate the kudos. I thought perhaps you attended my "Head Case — Mentalism and Psychological Illusion" show, but I wouldn't have had anyone singing or dancing in the show.

At any rate, I am happy you had a great time.

Chrisman, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If you don't come to this show, you are missing out!!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

What can I say about his show? This was fantastic! I've been to a lot of shows similar to this one in style, but this one definitely stands out in a positive way for many reasons!

*Even on a Saturday night (October 6...when it starts to get really busy), the crowd was large enough to appreciate but small enough that the act was truly enjoyable. I hate going to a crowded theater to see an act 50 rows in front of you with complete strangers. Expect a more intimate setting.

*He includes as many people as possible...at least in some small way. Even if he's just saying hello or asking a question, he likes to get involved. But don't worry if you aren't the type of person who doesn't like to perform or get on stage. While I had to read a word up on stage out of a book, my husband simply had to pretend to hold a suit of cards from his seat.

Adults (and children) of all ages will enjoy this show. How is it only #3 in Gatlinburg? I wish you the best of luck, Mr. Gladwell in pursuing that number one spot!

*HE'S NOT COCKY OR CONCEITED! I loved this about him! He was willing to talk with everyone one on one and truly tried to remember everyone's names and details.

*He's the first person to tell you that he's not a psychic. He'll explain things to you if you want to know, and even knowing that he was pulling tricks on us, I still can't figure out some of them.

2 Thank Jen L
BillGladwell, Owner at Bill Gladwell, The Mentalist, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Jen,

Thank you for coming to my show and for the positive review. I really appreciate it.

And no, I am not "COCKY OR CONCEITED". I am confident, however. I have worked with many, many people who are classified as famous; and so many of them fall under the cocky and conceited column. They become disconnected from their fans and forget where they came from. I made a promise to myself (and to my fans) to never forget where I came from. I will spend as long as you want talking and answering questions.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Most amazing thing i've seen in the smokies!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and i went to see Bill Gladwell's head case at the brand new theatre inside the space needle saturday night. First of all, i am naturally pessimistic of shows like this. I've seen all kinds of hacks and there are plenty of corny/goofy shows in the pigeon forge/gatlinburg area, so we were not expecting anything different with this one! WOW, we were wrong!! Bill starts the show off by denouncing so-called psychics who do similar shows! His show is more of a study in human psychology! I cant go any further in detail but believe me, you wont be disappointed. We may actually go back next weekend to try to figure out the locked box trick....believe me, if you see this show, that trick will leave you scratching your head!

1 Thank Tommytwoputt
The most amazing thing that I have seen in the Smokies is the bear that figures out every lock that I put on my trash cage.

Thank you, Tommytwoputt! I am very happy that you and your wife had a great time. Come back anytime.

Bill Galdwell