“It was good!”

Ranked #73 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
“It was good!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was great place to sit down, relax, and eat good food with friends and family. I came up here with my family for a conference and we all really enjoyed this place!

Visited March 2012

“A nice surprise”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We ate here one morning and I was very surprised! Although I was disapointed that the breakfast bar was not open, they do offer a full menu. The portions were huge and the food was very good.

Visited January 2013
Columbus, Indiana
“Steadily going downhill!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Going downhill is great for skiers but not for a restaurant. For many, many years when we go to the Smokies, we have always gone to the restaurant at the Park Vista for the breakfast buffet. But no more. Ever since Doubletree took over, the food has has steadily gotten worse. In November we were there with 3 other couples. We got there around 8:00 am and the food was already cold and they serve breakfast until 11:00. Everyone had different selections and it was the same story with each. Stop by there on the 17th of January and it was worse yet! They didn't have the buffet, but we could order a "Full Breakfast" and get the same food. They did have biscuits and gravy on the steam table along with assorted fruits. And again the gravy was barely warm and it was so thin, I could read the morning paper thru it. We will not be back. A suggestion: If you want a good breakfast buffet go to Bennett's Barbeque in Pigeon Forge. It's been highly rated for breakfast for many years and we have never been disappointed

• Visited January 2013
Alabama
“Yummm!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We really enjoyed the Breakfast Bar. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The food was really good!

Visited December 2012
West Jefferson, North Carolina
“How can you mess up breakfast? Here's how....”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We were staying at the hotel and decided to eat there at the breakfast bar. (My 7 year old, my husband and I.) We were seated by a kind and (the only) helpful hostess/waitress, and ordered. We went to the bar and here is what we found: All the "hot" food in the warmers was just barely warm. I suspect they were not even up to the required 140 degrees. (That's the requirement in NC.) There was just enough sausage gravy to cover the bottom of the container, and it stayed like that for probably a half hour. I had to ask twice and wait 15 minutes for the bacon to be refilled. Pancakes were anemic, flaccid and inedible looking. The oatmeal, too, was just covering the bottom of the warmer. Biscuits were plentiful because they had been cooked and holding warm long enough to get leathery. The serving utensils were sitting in glops of cold gelatinous gravy, etc on the spoon rests outside the warmers. Almost nothing (except fruit) was kept stocked well on the food side. My husband waited 9 minutes for an omelet. I got my son his lukewarm biscuits and gravy, then waited nearly 15 minutes for my omelet. The waitress had to go look for the chef. He needed more help. He was trying to go wherever the kitchen was and prep, I suppose he was supposed to keep the food stocked, and make waffles and omelets. He seemed put out by the whole deal. The omelets were a micro thin, crepe like thickness, so when all the cold raw vegetables were put in it, it was ice cold before I was half way through eating mine. Not to mention, between all the waiting, our family was not even able to eat together. The waitress was nice enough to apologize and comp us our son's meal. It was frustrating and we were sorry we had spent our money there. Maybe it was a bad day.....I only upgraded them to poor because we had a great waitress.

• Visited December 2012